• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SO I bought a SLK800....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
steele1743 said:
oh, ok..don't mind me :)
yeah that little black strip looks like mine except I got 2 of em...I didn't use them, but I'm sure I can find a home for 'em somewhere :D

Ok. I've looked at the black mystery object a bit more. It is divided into two long strips. It must be the same things you've got.

mmills

Last edited:
OK you guys, after testing I have come to the conclusion my system instablity was indeed due to the heatsink. Since I installed the 800U, been running fine and keeping the system temp at a steady 40 C regardless of CPU use. YAY!!!!! The funny part is I think I might have done the whole thermal grease part wrong (never did it before) and put too much but as long as it stays cool and doesn't shut off, Im not messing with it!!!! BTW, is there a certain time period one should replace/refresh the coating? I'm using the standard stuff that comes w/ the 800U but Id like to try Ceramique or some of the AS products to see if they make a difference, although I must admit that I can't really complain with the steady temps now...

Back