• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some electric questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvc_and_frost

OK, I will try not to be confusing. I am trying to find use for a 5" LCD screen that I was given. After much research, I think I know what I am doing. BUT I just want to be sure. Is there any way to short out my power supply when I push the On button on my pc and lcd if It is hooked up to my psu? I can't afford another psu right now......Other than that I think I have it all figured out. Red is usually power right?! Black is groundint, and white should be video. So if I hook the black and red accordingly to yellow and black on the psu, I should get power? For video, I took an audio/video connector of a vcr, and found the video's wires and grounding, and I ought to be able to get video by hooking those onto the video and grounding connectors on the vgp (video, grounding, power) cable. I just don't want to short anything on the first (or second) try.

Yeah, shorting doesn't hurt enough to matter. It just shuts the computer down for a minute, and you can't turn it on.

But that sounds just fine.

Just so you don't mess up anything in the case, unhook the PSU from everything, and jumper it like this
plug.gif

to test your hookup.

^--is that black wire just "wire"? and the computer will turn on, right? I'm almost done with the wiring. Those dang molex connectors are "very hard" to get loose. Maybe I'll pick up a tool. Tomorrow though I ought to have pics of the whole setup Nice and wired.

Well, I just plugged it in, and It works!! :) Now I just need my s-video to rca adapter and I can test the video. Once It all works, I'm Going to Sleeve all the wires up nicely.

Back