• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOOOO Ticked and Dissapointed with NVIDIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On a serious note , since I am (was?) going to buy a nVidia card , I thought I heard you had to have their software to download their drivers? Wasn't that a recent change that had consumers up in arms? Comments here would indicate otherwise. So , as usual , I'm confoosed. :confused:

There was previous talk about them making the "game ready" driver updates only through logged in software. The idea was, they would release a less often updated driver for non-gamers for anyone who wants it. The gaming drivers are updated and optimised for new game releases relatively regularly, and non-gamers didn't like the frequency update notifications appeared. So this would be a way to separate them.

I know it isn't implemented, but I don't know if they still plan to do this or something else, or when.

I don't know of a reason you would update your drivers if your not a gamer, I had the same drivers for my other PC for 7 years.

Last edited:
There was new whql which had some issues so they fixed it with new beta ... couple of hours later beta was changed to whql. So we could see 3 drivers in last 24h. Personally I had no issues with any of these versions and I was installing them on GTX960 and GTX960M.

Bart,

The internet is hilarious over this issue. You would think NVIDIA raided our villages and took all of our children...

Bart,

The internet is hilarious over this issue. You would think NVIDIA raided our villages and took all of our children...

You were back at it today, weren't you. :D
You're my freakin hero.
God I hate people.

I'm glad we as humans are still aloud to complain otherwise chaos would run rampant. Nvidia needed a walkup moment with all the driver update automation.

I had a problem with the driver it kept crashing crysis3.

Bart,

:rofl:
It's probably a good thing nVidia has the market share they do , then. If there is this much panic over one borked driver , can you imagine if all those people had to use Catalyst 14.0 to , say , 15.5 ? "My screen went black! OH MY GOD! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO THE WORLD!? AAAAAHHHHH!!!" LOL

It's more a fanboy slugfest than anything else.
Smart people know sometimes sh1t happens.

I used to consider myself an AMD fanboy , but after a couple years of watching various scenes of verbal combat and occasional outright warfare , I'll demote myself to "enthusiast 1st class".

I've always liked AMD graphics cards.

That being said, these days I like Intel. Getting an IGP means I can fit it all in a smaller case...

Well , I haven't been scared away from nVidia. The Great 4 GB (sort of) GDDR Scandal of '15 didn't do it , and a driver failure (fixed immediately , no less) can't do it. My next card will be a 970. I love AMD for keeping the Two Big Guys honest , but I want a Team Green card. I have more faith in nVidia's drivers than AMD's. Red has great hardware , but it's like getting in a new Rolls Royce taxi and finding out the driver is a one eyed , one armed , paraplegic drunk prone to traffic light induced seizures.

Back