• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sparkle 300 watt psu. This thing has some unbelievable specs!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JasonKosi said:

All three of the InWin cases that I have purchased (Q500, S506, FT621) have come with Sparkle or PowerMan labled power supplies.

Now the question remains whether Powerman uses Fortron-Source power supplies exclusively or not heheh.

Now the question remains whether Powerman uses Fortron-Source power supplies exclusively or not heheh.

Almost postive they do. I have a 250 watt powerman and I have looked at a 300 watt powerman. Both Fortron. I do not believe powerman sells a anything above 300 watts.

Redstone said:

Almost postive they do. I have a 250 watt powerman and I have looked at a 300 watt powerman. Both Fortron. I do not believe powerman sells a anything above 300 watts.

Well cool. The final piece of the puzzle would be to know whether these are exactly the same units as FP sells under its own name or that Powerman tinkered with them (substituting cheaper parts etc). If not, then it's a great deal.

FIZZ3 said:

Well cool. The final piece of the puzzle would be to know whether these are exactly the same units as FP sells under its own name or that Powerman tinkered with them (substituting cheaper parts etc). If not, then it's a great deal.

No, final piece would be to read the above posts.

11-108-148-08.JPG

http://www.sparklepower.com/pdf/FSP300-60BTV.pdf

A supply bearing the FSP model number is produced by FSP in China. The Powerman name shows who the supply was produced for, not who produced it. A FSP300-60BTV is a FSP300-60BTV. I have one of the Powerman ones next to me now, and I have compared it to the Sparkle version. They are indeed the same piece of equipment.

I brought up the Inwin case because of the above fact that I have verified with my own experience. It is not generalization, conjecture, opinion, or wishful thinking. Try to find some way to accept it.

i just put in an order to newegg to replace my recently deceased xp 1600. waaaaaaaaaaah! :(. thought i was gonna hit 2ghz with that one. anyway, back on subject. i've read a ton of good things about sparkle psu's and nothing bad. my order included a 400w sparkle psu, i hope it performs as well for me as it seems to for everyone else :)

larva said:
A supply bearing the FSP model number is produced by FSP in China. The Powerman name shows who the supply was produced for, not who produced it. A FSP300-60BTV is a FSP300-60BTV. I have one of the Powerman ones next to me now, and I have compared it to the Sparkle version. They are indeed the same piece of equipment.

I brought up the Inwin case because of the above fact that I have verified with my own experience. It is not generalization, conjecture, opinion, or wishful thinking. Try to find some way to accept it.

LOL no need to go hostile larva. With this extra information you just gave it does look like the units are in fact the same. I'd buy into it if I didn't already have a flashy Enermax. =)

That's not hostile, it's perturbed. I have built PC's for a living since the 386sx16 was the mainstream machine, and have an electrical engineering degree as well. I mentioned the existence of the InWin's value which is in large part due to the quality of the supply fitted. I shared this bit of experience out of a very sincere desire to help people get the most for their money. My statements about these supplies are not something a friend did, I read on the internet, or impressions based on building but a handfull of examples. The 3 posts contesting my word on the identity of the supply and its properties are onerous to say the least.

larva said:
That's not hostile, it's perturbed. I have built PC's for a living since the 386sx16 was the mainstream machine, and have an electrical engineering degree as well. I mentioned the existence of the InWin's value which is in large part due to the quality of the supply fitted. I shared this bit of experience out of a very sincere desire to help people get the most for their money. My statements about these supplies are not something a friend did, I read on the internet, or impressions based on building but a handfull of examples. The 3 posts contesting my word on the identity of the supply and its properties are onerous to say the least.

However it may seem to you, my intention was only to fill in the complete picture. The questions I had were only natural; "are ALL inwins fitted with this brand" and "are these really built by the same manufacturer" etc. These merely serve to get an accurate idea about what the truth is. Maybe you knew this all along, but you didn't express it until it was asked. That's not a matter of 'onerously smearing your qualifications' in any conceivable way.

When value deals are concerned, people often quickly overlook details about the deal in the happy state they are in thinking they'll get such-and-such great value. Sometimes differences between a higher-priced product and an OEM/rebrand sibling show up only after careful scrutiny. That was my motivation for asking further, I hope you'll understand that now.

You left out one.

advanR [/i][B] Are the inwin's powerman PSUs fsp/sparkle? I am running a 300w in my Q500 and it needs a bit more power right now. I just ordered the 400w from newegg. [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by FIZZ3 said:

No I think they are not.

This was your first post on this topic, directly contradicting my statement as to which power supply the Inwin carries. This starts things off on very much the wrong foot as you didn't know one way or the other, but chose to contest my word on this subject. As I stated before I didn't mention the InWin becasue I "thought" they have the FSP 300W supply, rather that I knew they did. It's hard not to see the other posts that followed as continuing down this avenue.

larva said:
You left out one.

This was your first post on this topic, directly contradicting my statement as to which power supply the Inwin carries. This starts things off on very much the wrong foot as you didn't know one way or the other, but chose to contest my word on this subject. As I stated before I didn't mention the InWin becasue I "thought" they have the FSP 300W supply, rather that I knew they did. It's hard not to see the other posts that followed as continuing down this avenue.

larva this is probably my last post on this topic as I am somewhat tired of your continuous offensive tone. From your posts I derive that you are easily 'perturbed' by the slightest hint of 'attack'. I would like to assure you that this attitude is not necessary nor particularly beneficial for dealing with people on these forums.

This guy asked about InWin cases and the Powerman supplies they carry. I happen to have one of the older InWin cases which does not carry a FSP model. I read that you mentioned *one* type of InWin case that does, but that made the count only 1-1. The question "whether InWin is FSP/Sparkle" implies asking for certainty IMHO, hence my response that I thought that not all InWin cases have these supplies.
I repeat that I have not 'contested' your information about the 300W InWin case you mentioned, and instead simply asked about other models. You responded that the OEM situation is volatile and that one would need to check the PS prior to purchase to make sure.

The "not knowing one way or the other contesting of your word" did not take place.

He asked if the powerman in the Inwin was FSP. Not all Inwin, not all powerman, but the powerman as fitted by Inwin. These have been established to be FSP.

Personally I find your tone equally offensive. I would have to go back through my post list to find the specific examples, but you have before jumped all over factual and helpful posts I have made going back many months. I would say this is not productive in general, and will certainly change the tone of my response in particular.

Last edited:
Back