• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Start Looking For AQXCA Stepping!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

The AthlonXP 3200+ comes with the AQXCA stepping. Thats means that there is a good chance that eventually, the Barton 2500+ will get this stepping as well.

A buddy of mine Travis is looking into getting his Barton 2500+ within the next month and it looks like he's gonna be looking for the AQXCA stepping.

Does anyone know where the best places to start looking would be?

BTW, here is the picture that people posted earlier for those of you who missed it,
http://www.hkepc.net/db/amd3200/logo.jpg

OC-Master

That's good thought, it doesn't mean AQXCA stepping will good O/Cing....

Computer show in Calif will best way to search around.. Excaliber is another place that you guys need to contact next.

i have one Barton 2500 AQXCA and its a ****ty oc'er
now i am on fsb 195MHZ x 10 (not so stable)

Eddi said:
i have one Barton 2500 AQXCA and its a ****ty oc'er
now i am on fsb 195MHZ x 10 (not so stable)

Well, I've never heard of such a badly overclockable barton... Leads me to believe that the problem might be elsewhere?

What cooling do you have? Have you tested how far you can take it with a higher multi?

OC Detective said:
That stepping already exists in lower speed Bartons right now.....

Have you heard good about these OC Detective? I was told this stepping is supposed to be much better than the AQUCA stepping.

OC-Master

how can it be a horrable over clocker , its the same thing as a 3200, meaning it can clock to a 3200 with no problem, i guess you got the wrong stepping, thats impossable to have it not clock at 200.

I bought a 3000+ AQXCA 0309 a couple of weeks ago in a retail box. It's good for 2500+ on air also.

dropadrop said:

Well, I've never heard of such a badly overclockable barton... Leads me to believe that the problem might be elsewhere?

What cooling do you have? Have you tested how far you can take it with a higher multi?

My Temps stay below 50° stressy
My settings r : 195 x 10 on Vcore 1.75 and Vram 2.8
My RAM : 2x256mb Geil PC3500

don't think thats my prob...
But...... I am still Benching
yesterday i got to 197MHz Fsb....
:D

hmmm, well after mine being at 180 i would be happy to get 195, but i would try 195 and get the highest multi i can get, with it being stable you try like 195*10.-11.5?

Anything new on this stepping yet? Doesnt seem anyone is coming forth with some heavy overclocking statistics.

I need to know, AQUCA or AQXCA?? :D I'm sure there must be someone that has almost fried there chip trying to get the most of it.

I know the AQUCA does 2.30GHz easy on AIR.

OC-Master

I am on a Barton AQXCA
and that sucks, I get only 198 x 10 and even that is not stable like I want it to be
but I am still try to get the max out of it, later i gonna put a SLK900 and a 90mm fan, plus a zalman passif cooler on the southbrige hope that helps,
if that doesn't hep i gonna cut the thirde L12 brige to c if that helps.....

My AQUCB does 2750 @ 2.1v, but I have a Prometeia. It would probably go higher but the 8RGA doesn't enable multis above 12.5x unless I blow the 5th L3 bridge, in which case I wouldn't have 12.5x and below...

I had the Barton 2500+, AQUCA0308. Got to max 2200mhz unstable, around 2100mhz stable...
They bought a few new machines at work, all with 2500 Bartons.. Opened one of them and it was the new 3200+ stepping...

Swapped it and now I can do 2200mhz stable, but anything over that its unstable, all of a sudden its like the computer looses power and it reboots... But running all cpu testers I've tried give me an error free result, like running prime on for 24h...

Could it be my motherboard ??
And it does not seem to be the memory, If I clock it at 2x100(200mhz) I still can only reach 2200mhz, nomore...

I've noticed that most of you gettin 2300+ are using Epox or Abit

regards,
fFletchs

ffletchs said:
Could it be my motherboard ??
My vote goes for cooling or power supply problems. Although your cooling looks like it's definitely up to par for the CPU, I'm talking about the PSU heating up and losing its stability, inducing problems further down the path by causing the CPU voltage to fluctuate or drop slightly.

Back