• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still getting amazing performance out of my 450.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aftcomet

I was building an HTPC for my home theatre last June 2011. I saw a MSI GTS 450 OC for $60 after MIR. I thought, why not? I'm not building a gaming PC but it would help with Blu-Ray playback (even though the i3-2120 does fine already) and I might be able to do some decent gaming.

Once I got it I overclocked the core clock to 930 and the memory to 2150. A great overclock from the stock performance of 783/1566.

Anyway, fast forward to June 2011 and I'm running Arkham City with these settings:

1920 x 1080
2x MSAA
PhysX on High
DirectX 9
Everything ON except Motion Blur and Ambient Occlusion
Vsync On

90% of the time I'm playing at 60 FPS. The other time it hovers around 45FPS but only for a few seconds before it goes to 60. Overall it's very, very smooth. The only time I was ever under 30 was when Penguin was shooting those ice blocks at you.

Anyway I think this is pretty sweet with a $60 GTS 450 and a $130 i3-2120. Now only we I could OC the i3 :(

Back