• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange overclocking capabilities of Geforce 2 GTS 64ddr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Killa

I just bought this card made by PNY and its a geforce 2 GTS 64 DDR .
I paid 250+ tax and i dont plan on keeping it because i think its a rippoff since i just decided to buy it and test it out beforce i bought one on the net for 60-80 bucks less. Anyway i enabled the overclocking ability in the properties and come to find out it was set to 401 for the memory clock freq and the core clock was set to 201. Now on the box it says 350 ramdac. I alreadt overclocked the core clock to 250 and 400 for memory with no problems playing unreal T. I just tried the same specs as the ultra 235 core and 460 memory and played unreal T with no problems.. I guess ill just set it next to 250 and 460 memory and see what happens. The highest it will go is 250 for core and 505 for memory. Any suggestion on the perfect setting , i havent a clue how i should overclock this card.
Thanks

Killa (Jun 20, 2001 11:57 p.m.):
I paid 250+ tax and i dont plan on keeping it because i think its a rippoff since i just decided to buy it and test it out beforce i bought one on the net for 60-80 bucks less. Anyway i enabled the overclocking ability in the properties and come to find out it was set to 401 for the memory clock freq and the core clock was set to 201. Now on the box it says 350 ramdac. I alreadt overclocked the core clock to 250 and 400 for memory with no problems playing unreal T. I just tried the same specs as the ultra 235 core and 460 memory and played unreal T with no problems.. I guess ill just set it next to 250 and 460 memory and see what happens. The highest it will go is 250 for core and 505 for memory. Any suggestion on the perfect setting , i havent a clue how i should overclock this card.
Thanks

RAMDAC is a different spec. I believe RAMDAC is the speed of the 2D rendering engine whatever

Thanks

You did everything right. The scoop is that the higher priced/brand name cards typically use better memory and processors, hence they overclock better. PNY is not a quality card, so any overclocking you were able to do was icing on the cake. Others with similar cards will compare their results with you. For the price, you're better off finding a Leadtek Ultra online as they have been nice to me and an overclocker's friend.

Pinky (Jun 21, 2001 08:46 a.m.):
Thanks

You did everything right. The scoop is that the higher priced/brand name cards typically use better memory and processors, hence they overclock better. PNY is not a quality card, so any overclocking you were able to do was icing on the cake. Others with similar cards will compare their results with you. For the price, you're better off finding a Leadtek Ultra online as they have been nice to me and an overclocker's friend.

Yeah thats what im going to do in about 15 days i will return it to best buy and buy a ultra online . i did run 3dmark2000 with 235cor and 460 memory and it did lock up. but it doesnt lock up in 3d games. The games run weird like unreal t shows tha t in the time demo stats that its running only 50 -60 frames a sec but its going way to fast for the frames. is it because the memory is overheated i got no clue

Killa (Jun 21, 2001 12:00 p.m.):
Yeah thats what im going to do in about 15 days i will return it to best buy and buy a ultra online . i did run 3dmark2000 with 235cor and 460 memory and it did lock up. but it doesnt lock up in 3d games. The games run weird like unreal t shows tha t in the time demo stats that its running only 50 -60 frames a sec but its going way to fast for the frames. is it because the memory is overheated i got no clue

What are your system specs? Your PC may be struggling getting the data to the card fast enough...

3dmark locking up is probably the CPU being overclocked (overclcocked memory has never locked up my PC, only artifacting occurs), try dropping the overclock and see if it improves.

Back