• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Submersion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Meatshake

Registered
Anybody here know anything about submersion cooling? I'm thinking of either doing one of three ideas.

The first being a very tall four foot tall submersion system with nothing but a convection cell.

The second beind a three foot tall system with a copper colum finned so its like a massive heatsink which extends the full way of the case and out the top where it blooms with fins.

The last way is my favorite as of now.

I would buy four low pressure silent pumps and submerge them in the liquid, then drill tubing holes outside of the case, then connect small tubes (only an inch or so in legnth) to the outside of the case, then make copper tubes which I will fin and then strech back into the case, It's hard to explain.

Also, when building a custom case what do you do for the computer power switch? Take one from a different computer?

I would buy four low pressure silent pumps and submerge them in the liquid, then drill tubing holes outside of the case, then connect small tubes (only an inch or so in legnth) to the outside of the case, then make copper tubes which I will fin and then strech back into the case, It's hard to explain.
I know what you mean. When or if you build, pics please :)

Back