• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone able to explain this?

I have/had/will have again, an XFX HD6950 1Gb, its had mined for 3months no issues at all, 425kh/s. Now that its no more mining, it refuses to work as normal GPU.

Anyone have a clue as why it mines, but doesnt play games anymore?

Any luck Pierre?

Also WTF is with BTC's price?
I'm down to 10 cents profit/day! :shock:

Happened to my 6950 1gb card as well...I get tons of artifacts if I game on it but it mines fine...I think the vrm or mem chips got toasted cause of crappy non ref cooling.

That could be it, its the actually the second 6950 i'v had where that has happend. Bud i dindt care much about the first one, as it was toasted when i bought it.

Welp I was able to save some wattage today..
Though my dad took back his ammeter to work, so I have no way of measuring my wattage any more :-/

But it turns out my 6850 can run at stock voltage @ 900 Core 1000 mem and still get 259Kh.
All this time I have been running at 1165mV @ 920 core 1000 mem and all I got was an extra 5 Kh. :facepalm:
Talk about a waste!

Though my dad took back his ammeter to work, so I have no way of measuring my wattage any more :-/

But it turns out my 6850 can run at stock voltage @ 900 Core 1000 mem and still get 259Kh.
All this time I have been running at 1165mV @ 920 core 1000 mem and all I got was an extra 5 Kh. :facepalm:
Talk about a waste!

What was stock?

Talk about a waste!

See if you can run 1250mhz on the memory. Not all 6850's can do it, but you'll get 10-15 more KH out of it if you can run 1250mhz and it barely uses any more wattage.

See if you can run 1250mhz on the memory. Not all 6850's can do it, but you'll get 10-15 more KH out of it if you can run 1250mhz and it barely uses any more wattage.

Woah! That's pushing it!

IIRC 1150Mhz started crapping out in games :-/
Hold on lemme try.

Nope. It's a no-go.

1220 Mhz Memory was the best it could do (probably more come to think of it) but it took a whopping 1200 mV vcore and +50mV memory & +30 mV AUX :shock:

I also saw no increase in Kh - it hit 258 Kh :(

Loving Curecoin so far.

Feels good folding and making some coin, plus both GPU's are below 60C :thup:
Sweet.

Hopefully Curecoin will be a big hit, less power draw and we help find cures! :D

looks like an OC'ed R9 290X, + a stock R9 290 mining XPM + an 17 3770 oc'ed to 4.6Ghz mining RIC is more than 1000watts...

My PC shut down after I started the RIC miner...

Psu's start to degrade after a while too...mine can no longer take 3 r9 280x cards mining.
2 work fine though...it's a bronze 850w psu and I got an i7 3820 at stock and an r9 290 and 3 r7 240s atm but had trouble with my former trio.

Psu's start to degrade after a while too...mine can no longer take 3 r9 280x cards mining.
2 work fine though...it's a bronze 850w psu and I got an i7 3820 at stock and an r9 290 and 3 r7 240s atm but had trouble with my former trio.

My PSU is a couple of years old... lol... Gold 1Kwatt

Back