• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32 Mentor Program New Admin Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
We all know that harlam357 is having a hard time keeping up with this, as well as RL and development of HFM. For the things he has brought to Team 32, we are all very thankful. I have actually spoken with him about the Folding Mentor Program, and since I thought it was quite beneficial to the team, I asked his permission and blessing to take it over for him. He is also looking for someone to take over the T32 Lost and Found, if anyone might be interested. If you were a member of FMP, while it was run by harlam, you will be receiving a PM from me within the next couple of days, and hopefully some of you are still interested. This template is an exact copy of the thread started by harlam found HERE, and will be updated over the course of the next week or so.

Team 32 Folding Mentor Program - Admin Thread

• Q: What is the Team 32 Folding Mentor program?

• A: This thread is the center of a long term objective implemented for the betterment of the F@H cause, Team 32, OC Forums, and each individual involved.

The echelon of success this objective will achieve is highly contingent upon the resolve with which we, as a Team, engage the effort.

There will be no statistical goals, no ultimate levels of achievement; individual success is determined purely by involvement. This is an objective which facilitates as much or as little involvement as each individual chooses. The purpose of this program is to give us a clear objective and organize the effort.

This effort only has one specific target: Mold newcomers to Team 32 into the next great Folders and contributing members of our great Team. We will not solicit new OCF members to join Team 32, we're not door to door salesmen. What we will do is give new Folders a "go to" person for all their questions; someone who will always be there for them. This is a two-way street, we need those who wish to mentor and those who would like to be mentored.

• Q: I am getting interested, how can I become a Folding Mentor?

• A: If you want to become a mentor, post in THIS thread and ask to become a mentor. If you are knowledgeable in Folding, can help new Folders with a variety of client setups, and have the time and resolve to help new teammates - then your name will be added to our Folding Mentor List here in THIS thread. I will PM your here on OCF to confirm your Mentor status. Once you become a mentor it's your responsibility to offer your services to new Team 32 members. When you find a new member to mentor, please PM me their name and I'll update the Folding Mentor List here in THIS thread.

If you like, include a "I'm a Team 32 Folding Mentor. Ask me about Folding." sign in your sig.

• Q: I am a mentor, now what?

• A: That's up to you. Your level of involvement is purely at your own discretion. We hope those who become mentors will be active in helping those they mentor achieve their Folding objectives.

Mentor List

Mentored List (Stats Updated 11/08/09)

• [*]harlam357

- Surferseth - Status: Active (61.5k PPD, 6.7m Total)

[*]deadlysyn

- PhilColwill - Status: Active (14.4k PPD, 935,160 Total)

[*]Ben333

- WonderingSoul - Status: Active (3,648 PPD, 1.357m Total)

[*]Jolly-Swagman

- yog1974 - Status: Active (8.3k PPD, 3.8m Total)
    - joedymueller - Status: Active (15.7k PPD, 2.5m Total) - Note: Appears to have dips in production, some days very high, others very low to no production.
    - Bon3thugz43v3r - Status: Active (96 PPD, 1.3m Total )
    - BeHappy - Status: Active (8.6k PPD 22kk Total)

[*]Surferseth

- ajmorrow - Status: Inactive - Note: Turned in 10 WUs the week of 06/28/09, then stopped Folding.

Folding Mentor Project Administrator
deadlysyn

Credits: This program is a revamp of the original Folding Mentor Program started by @md0Cer & I.M.O.G.

*** ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A MENTOR! ***
If you have any questions or comments, please see the following thread: LINK'D HERE

Last edited:
Well, I do believe I have mastered the art of setting up folding clients for Linux,I wrote a detailed walk through for it. And if I'm able to help fellow folders with the awesomeness that is Linux, I'll do my part.

Sounds good Sydney. It looks like you have some fairly extensive knowledge of the Linux clients. :welcome: to the Team 32 Folding Mentor Program. I will make sure to add you to the list as soon as I get back to my rig. The formatting is not exactly easy from a mobile device. :p:beer:

If you need another mentor, I'd be happy to help out.

I used to run a fah team and that included a lot of helping people setting up their PCs. Also there pretty much isn't a combination of client and OS out there that I haven't run.

If you need another mentor, I'd be happy to help out.

I used to run a fah team and that included a lot of helping people setting up their PCs. Also there pretty much isn't a combination of client and OS out there that I haven't run.

You're in sneakysnowman. I still have a lot of updating to do, as well as contacting the previous Mentors, and hopefully we can get this thing rolling again.

Just a note to the Mentors and Mentored... deadly approached me with the change in administration, and I happily accepted. :) I've always had too many WUs in the queue around here, so I'm hoping to let some others take over some things I've started. This program being one of them.

ozzlo did a great job running the April Contest... so until my services are needed again to put together a competition, he's your man for contests. :)

I'll continue with my 'Intro' and 'FAQ' sticky duties... as always suggested revisions / additions are welcome. I may not be able to just stick any thread... but I can always add the content to these.

Speaking of which, the link in the 'Intro' now points here. @Deadly... I'm going to edit the old Admin Thread to have a single link pointing here as well... since you've already replicated the content, nothing will be lost. :) That way anyone who has a link in their sig to the old thread... followers can be redirected here.

Just a note to the Mentors and Mentored... deadly approached me with the change in administration, and I happily accepted. :) I've always had too many WUs in the queue around here, so I'm hoping to let some others take over some things I've started. This program being one of them.

ozzlo did a great job running the April Contest... so until my services are needed again to put together a competition, he's your man for contests. :)

I'll continue with my 'Intro' and 'FAQ' sticky duties... as always suggested revisions / additions are welcome. I may not be able to just stick any thread... but I can always add the content to these.

Speaking of which, the link in the 'Intro' now points here. @Deadly... I'm going to edit the old Admin Thread to have a single link pointing here as well... since you've already replicated the content, nothing will be lost. :) That way anyone who has a link in their sig to the old thread... followers can be redirected here.

Sounds good, harlam. So far the only real changes that have been made, are simple things, like a few updates. I have also changed the way the list of Mentors is listed, so that each name in the list is also a link to that users profile. I also have a little bit of an idea that I had brought up before, but I am waiting for a good friend to get back from vacation to see if it might be something that can be swung one way or another. IIRC, he is due back this Saturday, so I will likely find out then. Also, if anyone is interested in making some T32 FMP Av's, you are more than welcome to it, and I have an old thread around here somewhere for that purpose. I will see what I can do to dig up the link and post it up.

Edit: Here is the link to the thread I created (quite a while ago, and got lost in the confusion), and I bumped it as well so that the other Mentors can see it. I am going to see what I can do to add to the Av's myself as well. I just need to find the time to do it.

Last edited:
Bump for a small update to the OP. If any of the Mentors help anyone, let me know, and I will get them added to the list. You can shoot me a PM or post up in this thread.:beer:

Back