• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperatures and voltages OC 965 C3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh, sorry, quick read through your post. I'll try to set up those two pumps in series, and see what happens... I don't think that I'll be buying another pump.

Why not try swapping the pumps instead of running both of them? The DDC is a very good pump all by itself. If you're still having heat issues using just the DDC then chances are it's the radiator size, not the pump, that is the problem.

Once you're past a certain rate of flow (usually 1.2-1.5 GPM) adding more flow doesn't help much ...

Okay, I'll switch it. Still I have no idea how the guy above was able to run his processor at 1.4V, mine seems unstable at 3.8Ghz. I'll post my recent settings later.

Okay, I'll switch it. Still I have no idea how the guy above was able to run his processor at 1.4V, mine seems unstable at 3.8Ghz. I'll post my recent settings later.

Every CPU/mobo/RAM/PSU/heatsink, etc. is different. When it comes to overclocking there are no guarantees. It takes a lot of effort to determine exactly what a system desires to achieve the best overclock without excessive voltages. More voltage is not always better as heat is the enemy. Some hardware OC's better than others. Some hardware likes different settings than the majority. It's a crap shoot and hobby, not necessarily a destination. :thup:

Every CPU/mobo/RAM/PSU/heatsink, etc. is different. When it comes to overclocking there are no guarantees. It takes a lot of effort to determine exactly what a system desires to achieve the best overclock without excessive voltages. More voltage is not always better as heat is the enemy. Some hardware OC's better than others. Some hardware likes different settings than the majority. It's a crap shoot and hobby, not necessarily a destination. :thup:
Nicely said ...! :beer:

Besides CPU/NB is there another voltages that may harm motherboard/cpu without heat? I remember reading somewhere that if NB is set higher than something it's done for

I wouldn't increase the NB, SB, or HT voltage more than one notch above stock - if you even need it. Some of the extreme guys will play with it but, with maybe one exception, I've never seen anyone else need it ...

I wouldn't increase the NB, SB, or HT voltage more than one notch above stock - if you even need it. Some of the extreme guys will play with it but, with maybe one exception, I've never seen anyone else need it ...

Lol, I really did increase them quiet a bit. What's the stock for phenom 965 anyways?

Voltages for the NB (NOT cpuNB), SB, and HT are board dependent - the CPU doesn't matter.

As far as I know the 790FX NB chipset runs 1.1v stock and the SB is 1.2v stock. A little less sure of the HT but I think it's 1.2v as well ...

Agreed, very rare. I need one bump in NB voltage when running a 250 baseclock, a 3000mhz CPU/NB, and an overall overclock of more than 5ghz. I doubt those voltages are you issue.

Here're settings, still didn't switch pump.
CPU 19x+200FSB= 3800mhz
CPU/NB 2400
HT Link 2000
DRAM 1600
CPU Load-Line Calibration Auto
CPU V 1.4375
CPU/NB V 1.2750
CPU VDDA 2.83550
DRAM 1.709
everything else auto. It holds out for about 10/15 minutes before crashing. I'm still not sure how many volts is good, I had it at 3.8, 1.4V stable, but than I had to reset BIOS, so I forgot other settings.

Here're settings, still didn't switch pump.
CPU 19x+200FSB= 3800mhz
CPU/NB 2400
HT Link 2000
DRAM 1600
CPU Load-Line Calibration Auto
CPU V 1.4375
CPU/NB V 1.2750
CPU VDDA 2.83550
DRAM 1.709
everything else auto. It holds out for about 10/15 minutes before crashing. I'm still not sure how many volts is good, I had it at 3.8, 1.4V stable, but than I had to reset BIOS, so I forgot other settings.

What are the settings for your LLC>? The variation in voltage can cause the crashes. Try setting it to enabled (or if you can set it by % try 50 and see how that works)

Switched pump, which is definitely more powerful although it has less flow rate, but not sure with thermal paste. I figured that it doesn't matter how much I put in there, because all excess paste will be just squeezed out. The problem with that logic is that I just stuck paste all over the water-block surface- without spreading it-, so ultimately I could end up with uncovered spaces. With settings above I got about 48-51C.

Last edited:
Enables LLC, and passed 30 minutes of prime at 53 CPU only. I suppose that I should have 10-15C buffer for GPU. I'll decrease voltages, and paste thermal paste again.

I just figured that I have 3 small intake fans, along with 2 big intake fans, against one small outtake fan. It's HAF 932, so I suppose that air can escape anyways right?

Back