• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Asus Vento Project...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not what i expected, i figured it would have been more plump on the side, but whatever window you deicided on you would have to make sure you dont cut that many of those little plastic things that hold the plastic and metal panels together.

i quickly scratched something up, i designed it to keep it curvy like the rest of the case, and that way you only cut 2 of those plastic clip things that seem to hold the plastic and metal panels together.

Attachments

• asus1.jpg
    asus1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 552
yeah, i was thinking if i stopped the top of the window right below that line of clips in the top it might work, and there are holes down (the rounds ones) that take screws, so i think holding it on wont be too huge of an issue, now the blue and green sections would be preffered but if it doesnt work i think eliminating the blue section would be alright, i think that it would still look nice, or vice versa, get kinda what i am saying?

Pictureinside.jpg

yeah that would work. still should probably be pretty sturdy still.

i would probably go for the green area and then also bring it down alittle more where i had brought it down. not as far as i did but alittle further than where you stopped so that way you can see the towards the bottom of the motherboard

yeah, i am going to go down as far as i can with out going into that section that bubbles out which is right after the cpu inlet, and the door handle....

so anyways today i went down to kragen to look from window molding which they didnt have but i picked up a can of Red Krylon Fusion to paint my monitor, heres the prosess i used today:

First i started with my (kind of ****ty but alright) 15 inch LCD that i got for free so i cant complain, with my Red Krylon Fusion from Kragen:

Picture013.jpg

Then i began to take the screws out of the back: Picture015.jpg

Then i took off the stand with the four screws that held it on:
Picture016.jpg

after i sepertated the two halves of the monitor i began to unscrew the small circuit board, then the main screen:

Picture017.jpg
Picture018.jpg

ok, so since there aere "too many pictures in the post" here is the rest if i can fit them.

Then i have both halves, and i hand them up in my backyard:

Picture019.jpg
Picture020.jpg

and after one coat:

Picture021.jpg

i painted the buttons white to match the white lights on the vento, but now that i look at it, i think i should have (and still might) paint them more of a grey because the letters on the vento are more of a grey color, still looks good though:

Picture022.jpg

And The final Product, after Three coats od fusion, used pretty much the entire can:

Picture024.jpg

I think it looks pretty good, not a perfect color match, but i am very please with it, let me know how it looks to you guys.

thanks!

yeah it matches pretty well, i am very happy with it..

yeah the asus vento is huge, i like it. in a review for the green on it was called "the hulk"

looks damn good.

perfect lan rig now, just gotta get some show me looks with a window in the side of the case and a water cooled system.

i wish i was smarter at painting, otherwise i wouldnt be ordering a new case right now

lol yeah , i have been thinking about that window alot, and i need to find some good glass window molding, and the problem is the window will be pretty high in the case, mostly seeing the psu, top of mobo, and my rad/drives when i get my WC, i dont know i still think that it will be very cool, and i am still thinking of demensions and some plexi glass ect...

does anyone know where i can get some H style (or if you know any better ways) window molding to hold in the plexi glass window?

also is plexi glass the best to use? how do you cut it with out it chipping or looking crappy around the edges, because my cuts are going to be very curvy, and circular.

xCRF450 said:
also is plexi glass the best to use? how do you cut it with out it chipping or looking crappy around the edges, because my cuts are going to be very curvy, and circular.

im not sure about cutting it to make it look clean and not chipping it... ive used acrylic from home depot and i drilled a hole for a side fan and it cut pretty cleanly.

but what you can do to resist scratches atleast is just leave that sticky coverings on both sides and that might help with cracking and chipping during cutting.

and for the window being so high i wouldnt really worry about it too much, b/c i mean how many people have a vento and a window in the side? so im sure it will make it very uniqe

xCRF450 said:
ok, so since there aere "too many pictures in the post" here is the rest if i can fit them.

Then i have both halves, and i hand them up in my backyard:

Picture019.jpg
Picture020.jpg

and after one coat:

Picture021.jpg

i painted the buttons white to match the white lights on the vento, but now that i look at it, i think i should have (and still might) paint them more of a grey because the letters on the vento are more of a grey color, still looks good though:

Picture022.jpg

And The final Product, after Three coats od fusion, used pretty much the entire can:

Picture024.jpg

I think it looks pretty good, not a perfect color match, but i am very please with it, let me know how it looks to you guys.

thanks!

LOL you are crazy, looks good

thanks mista, i came home today an walked in theroom, and the color is almost an exact match other then the gloss...

has anyone every done a completely custom window? let me know how you did it, and how it turned out. thanks.

xCRF450 said:
has anyone every done a completely custom window? let me know how you did it, and how it turned out. thanks.

My System:
Case:Asus Vento 3600 - red
MoterBoard: DFI LANPARTY 875P-T
CPU:Intel P4 530 Prescot
Graphics Card: XFX Geforce 6800 GT
RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 3200C2PT 2x512
HD: 40GB - no idea, out of an old emachine- soon to be a raptor
PSU: ULTRA 500W ATX "Continuous Power System"

No the girl in the Picture is not me, Yes she is mine...

i think there might have been some custom windows made in the case & powersupplies forum.

and i wish i had the girl in my avatar.

That speaker in the last picture looks very old, reminds my of the P2 days, i think my friend still has them somewhere. Nice mod on the monitor :).

blt111 said:
you could clear coat the monitor and stuff to give the gloss

i just might do that, what paint is good, and does it make it smooooth? give me some names and i might go down and do that, taking monitor apart is really easy, so i might very well do that...

jim... yeah those speakers are ancient, but most of the time i am using my headphones which are nice, they work for the occasional time that friends are over and were playing music... they are from some clon probably over 5 years old now, not bad, but crappy at high volume...

Back