• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The common misconception of the expensive Mac

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When I looked I couldn't get anything at all under $1300 new, and that was with 512mb ram. Besides, while I have lots of used computer parts, I don't buy used laptops, keyboards, or mice... they're usually nasty. The stuff inside... graphics cards, mb's, cpu's, hd's etc... I don't care. Ever look under the keys in your keyboard? It's impossible to clean really too.

not impossible, just very time consuming removing every key to clean it, how ever some keyboard i have put in my dishwasher, cleaned and good as new! (didnt put the ciruit board part in of course)

not impossible, just very time consuming removing every key to clean it, how ever some keyboard i have put in my dishwasher, cleaned and good as new! (didnt put the ciruit board part in of course)

My microsoft wireless desktop elite gets the keys removed and washed in the sink every 6 months (keys and keyboard). Just pull the batteries and wait a while wash and wait a few days, normally I wait a week but have done 2 days before. just blow it out best you can and let it dry.

Its on its 4th year of trouble free life.

I would just as soon buy a new keyboard. They cost like $5 (for the desktops of course... laptops are not quite as easy in that sense).

Back