• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Countdown And Chant Begins!!!! DOD:S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I average around 20 and 50 fps with the rig in my sig... If i get in a fight I die because the FPS dips into the 20s... using the latest ones from nvidia, 77.77 i believe. This is with everything on as low as it'll go...

JU571N said:
I either get 60fps or 30fps, never anything else. Everyone is complaining about lag and low framerates.

Not impressed.

you have v-sync on and your computer isnt fast enough to keep it at 60, so its cuts the frame rate in half

Ok, I uninstalled the 77.77's and got the 78.03's off up guru3d. I'm running everything on high (even that lighting stuff) and averaging 30-35 fps... a lot better... at least its stable and playable.

boy it sure is pretty!

Ima try the 78.03s. I tried various 75 and 77 releases, and none of em helped me at all. With the rig in my sig, I was running at 1024x768 2xAA/4xAF, everything else set on high, and it was running at around 50fps in buildings, and 30fps outdoors(down to 15-20 during fights). Simply horrible. I tried lowering various settings but nothing gave me a stable framerate when hdr was on NOTHING. Even lowest settings. So, I'm hoping this a compatability issue that will be fixed by drivers. *crosses fingers*

I run it smooth
1152x864 6aa 16af everything else high except hdr
get from 40fps to 75fps on each map and that on a 40man server.

Chowdy said:
I have to run this at 1024x768 4xAA, 8xAF in order to get this to run at max settings. What a shame. This game doesn't look like much more than cS:S with bloom effects or something, and it is so painful for my rig. Any tips? 1280x1024 2xAA, 4xAF is what i prefer to play at, but that averages at around 60 and drops to 30s and 40s in fights. Unacceptable.
I'd agree from what I've seen from screenshots...the Call of Duty 2 demo wasn't released by mistake ;) It looks better than the Source engine in some respects.

What drivers Freaker?

I was reading on the guru3d forums that guys with 7800's weren't getting the awesome results they were having in CSS...

we gotta get to the bottom of this!!!

played for me 5
i would like some new maps
Its the same old game yet again :(

austinbmxnig said:
you have v-sync on and your computer isnt fast enough to keep it at 60, so its cuts the frame rate in half

Actually it happens with v-sync on or off. Dropping AA to 2x with everything else max fixes it and it runs at 60fps constantly. None of the other games I have do that (Farcry, CS:S, WoW, Fear demo, GTA:SA, BF2, etc). They all vary in FPS, except CS:S, GTA:SA and WoW, they run at max constantly anyways.

My monitor sucks too much for me to really get off to good graphics of newer games. I can't even really tell the difference with HDR on or off. Washed out colors and over brightness for the win! Hopefully I'll have my 2005fpw soon and can once again enjoy good graphics.

Chowdy said:
I have to run this at 1024x768 4xAA, 8xAF in order to get this to run at max settings. What a shame. This game doesn't look like much more than cS:S with bloom effects or something, and it is so painful for my rig. Any tips? 1280x1024 2xAA, 4xAF is what i prefer to play at, but that averages at around 60 and drops to 30s and 40s in fights. Unacceptable.

For a few extra frames, drop AF to 2x. I've tried this in HL2, and there is virtually no discernable difference between 2x and 16x, except for the speed. You can even take two screenshots, and use a compare program to generate a difference map. There is no difference.

I am at 1280*960 2x 2x, and depending on map, I get 60-80, then also 30-40 in fights.

If you want all the speed of CSS back, take off HDR. It kills performance, and all you get is the bloom stuff. Mine is on for now, because I like it and 30fps is still playable.

Without HDR, I get the same rates as CSS, which is in the hundreds quite often.

edit: oh and justin, it still looks like v-sync. Make sure it is not enabled in the video driver control pannel.

Last edited:
Chowdy said:

With a CRT you could run 1280x960 I bet..

the bane of LCDS and native resolutions..

Stoanhart said:
oh and justin, it still looks like v-sync. Make sure it is not enabled in the video driver control pannel.

I turned it off in DOD and the ATI control pannel. I'm sure it's still linked to it somehow. Dropping AA to 2x fixed it, and I don't play DOD:S much anyways so it's cool.

Back