• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The D-Link 500G Fighting eMule/eDonkey thread.... Again :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caincha

I had a Altavia Parks 617 modem and used to leave my PC downloading when I go to work and when I got home there it was: a few files downloaded.
But one day I got home and the modem just stopped working for no apparent reason... :shrug:

I then bought a D-Link 500G Generation II, and guess what?
No downloading throught this sucka :argue: and it seems to be working a little hotter than the Parks too...
Yes I did a lotta research and found out why and which doors to open and so my downloads could get it on again.

The weird thing is, and here begins the real problem, that my downloading files keeps sorta rotating on the screen. :rolleyes:
As of before, w/ Parks, the downloading files started and got stuck in downloading mode.
Now they start/stop every time! And thats when they start at all, cause sometimes not even that... :bang head

My ID is high, can connect and all but no real downloading.... WTF is going on here?
Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?
Thanks for any help at all :p

OK, since no one seems to know what I'm talking about, does anyone knows how to "fake" eMule/eDonkey points?
I'm thinking that this may be the issue here...
And yes, I let availiable about 60Gb up for grabs, so that can't be the problem... Or can it?

ahh, a touchy subject you bring upon us here at the O/C forums

1. have you set the port triggering / port forwarding right (i'm assuming you have since the high id)

2. try the DMZ

3. are you sure the router is responding to all pings and not just randomly dropping traffic? (maybe it is, maybe not, does your ed2k work WITHOUT THE ROUTER?)

4. emule, assuming you're not running one of the leacher mods, does not mind freeloaders, so your 60gb of "fake" data is more than pointless

5. may i recommend a different router?

5a. stay away from dlink-(grey consumer line), tp-link, asus, sohoware, and any and all travel routers

5b. good bets are linksys and the dlink-gamerlounge series

5c. netgear and belkin (MIMO) are alright, but i find them lacking somewhat

6. perhaps you should try somewhere else like linksysinfo.org for a bit more dedicated router support (linksys only, since its LINKSYSinfo.org), or the other equivlents

_

No I'm not using no leecher mods and my 60Gb data are not fake.
I was talking about faking those friggin points they gave you for sharing...
I'll try those 1,2,3 you pointed and will post results then.
Thanks for the help :)

Ok, I guess I did the port thing right 'cause after all I can download a bit and got high ID and no, it doesn't work w/out the router...
But I'm not sure about this DMZ... Where can I find it?
BTW changing router is not a option right now: just bought this and now my car broke down and since I'm brasilian, well no money for a while now :p

Back