• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Final Official Doom III Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Godzilla said:
Anyone know where i can find the soundtrack thats on Doom 3 on the main menu and at the end of the game when its completed?

Cheers.

Still waiting for a reply......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

uhmm, i have the game, but havent really played it yet, but i know that the band 'Tweaker' plays the main theme song....dunno if thats what your looking for.

Godzilla said:
Anyone know where i can find the soundtrack thats on Doom 3 on the main menu and at the end of the game when its completed?

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure you can extract it from one of the PK4 files in the base directory. They probably save audio files in there as OGG files or something. I'll poke around and edit this post, when I find out for certain.

*EDIT* I was right. Extract pak003.pk4. I contains tons of game sound. Do a search through those files for the largest of the files and you will probably find what you're looking for. They seem to have OGG and WAV files. There are two files in there that might be what you're looking for: music_credits.ogg or d3theme.ogg

I'm using foobar2000 to playback the OGG files.

Last edited:
Hmm, just installed my 6800GT and now doom3 won't work properly with 1600x1200 resolution. 1280x1024 still works fine but when I change it to 1600x1200 it puts the game in the size of an area for lower resolutions. *edit* fixed it by manually adjusting the monitor in the game. This is very stupid, I have never enocunter a game where the game does not automatically resize the image field for you.

Last edited:
I have 2 problems with doom3.

1) I cant run for very long anymore! Even when I hold down the run key I stop running after a few secs. I also stop if I change direction. Very bad for dodging enemy fire.

2) how do I add mods? I have one and it says to put it where the .exe file is and I do that, but it dosent show up in the 'mods' page in doom3.

Any help much appreciated.

1) There is a stamina bar in your HUD. You use that up when you run, Doom doens't want you to run all the time. You only have unlimited stamine in hell levels.

2) The mods usuually comes with a readme file. Follow the instructions in there and you should be good.

secretweapon said:
1) There is a stamina bar in your HUD. You use that up when you run, Doom doens't want you to run all the time. You only have unlimited stamine in hell levels.

2) The mods usuually comes with a readme file. Follow the instructions in there and you should be good.

Thanks, but I'm not QUITE that silly.

1) I've completed the game b4 - no probs. Stamina bar always shows full or near full. (I cant run to decrease it!)

2) yes I read the file and it says to do what I said above.
Thanks, anyone else have ideas?

Update: I downloaded a differant mod that skins the monsters differantly details-->
Skin Replacements
-----------------
Archvile, Hellknight, Hell v.Hellknight, Imp, Hell v.Imp, Maggot,
Commando, Sawyer, and Wraith.(also a Cacodemon Remix, not much changed to
him exept he is higher RES and more blood marks.

Extra: Skins(+pinkydemon,zombie,player and some weapon textures) ...Sharpened!

Anyway I applied that and added the other one I was trying to use to it to make it work.
details-->

- Improved target kickback for pistol, machinegun, chaingun and shotgun (without
inflicting more damage). Enemies will stop and even backpedal a little when shot, but
nothing unrealistic. For some reason enemies lose mass when dead, therefore they will fly
a couple of meters when killed with the shotgun. Cacodemons will be pushed back by a great
deal due to their reduced mass and no friction.

- New sound samples for shotgun, machinegun and chaingun. Sounds now are 44Khz
(unfortunately, sounds on this game are all 22Khz/mono), stereo-broadened (slightly
different between channels), equalized for loudness and volume adjusted to suit all other
sounds. This alone will make you feel like wielding a powerful machine. The chaingun now
sounds sweetly heavy after all.

- The reload animation for all weapons is interruptable by switching the weapon, but
except for the shotgun it won't reload at all if you happen to interrupt. Be careful!

- If auto-reload is enabled (default), the weapon will be reloaded when the last round is
fired and when you switch to an empty one and try to shoot.

- Shotgun now reloads one round per animation.

- Grenades less bouncy, but they don't act like a stone on the sand like some mods are
doing, you can still throw it around corners.

- Zombie gibs only for BFG, plasmagun, rocket launcher (direct impact), grenade (direct
impact) and chainsaw.

- Demons' burnaway effect still occurs for all weapons, but each monster body will wait a
random interval upto 15 seconds to disappear. Keeping the corpses forever is a bad idea
since they hinder the performance, detonate thrown grenades and can affect moveable things
like doors and platforms, even forcing you to reload the current level.

- Better physics parameters for moveable objects like cardboxes, chairs, etc.

- Improved light effects for the projectile of some demons (namely imp, cacodemon,
mancubus, hellknight and revenant).

- Some new sounds for player death and pain.

With these two mods the game is what I expected in the first place. I was quite dissipointed with the guns and this sound mod is great! 44khz sound and much meatier too. Definately recomeneded. They dont change the play balance either which is good.

Names of the mods are.;
MYCELO'S WEAPON ENHANCEMENT MOD FOR DOOM3 v1.0
and
Skin|Pack v3 by Xiovex

Both available from fileplanet.

Also adding these fixed my run problem :)!!!!

Next problem:
Does anyone else get this problem when looking at grates on the floor, or is it that problem with the new ATI drivers? Looking for 6800 users to see if they get it as well as x800 users.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~troyus/shot00111.jpg

Last edited:
cmcquistion said:
I'm pretty sure you can extract it from one of the PK4 files in the base directory. They probably save audio files in there as OGG files or something. I'll poke around and edit this post, when I find out for certain.

*EDIT* I was right. Extract pak003.pk4. I contains tons of game sound. Do a search through those files for the largest of the files and you will probably find what you're looking for. They seem to have OGG and WAV files. There are two files in there that might be what you're looking for: music_credits.ogg or d3theme.ogg

I'm using foobar2000 to playback the OGG files.

This may sound dumb but, how do i extract the pak003.pk4 file? :confused:

*EDIT* Nevermind, i used winrar

Can't seem to find music_credits.ogg or d3theme.ogg though :( which folder are they in?

Last edited:
Godzilla said:
This may sound dumb but, how do i extract the pak003.pk4 file? :confused:

*EDIT* Nevermind, i used winrar

Can't seem to find music_credits.ogg or d3theme.ogg though :(

They are in there. Extract the whole archive and then use Windows Search to search through the folder (and all its subfolders) for *.ogg

P.S. You can also use Izarc to extract files. It is freeware, instead of shareware, as Winzip and Winrar are.

verbatim said:
Just download it from **** or I'll send it to u in mp3 format.

There is to be no mention of that in here. Discussion of warez (or any software that is used for illegal downloading) is against forum rules. Please edit your post, immediately.

cmcquistion said:
They are in there. Extract the whole archive and then use Windows Search to search through the folder (and all its subfolders) for *.ogg

P.S. You can also use Izarc to extract files. It is freeware, instead of shareware, as Winzip and Winrar are.

Found them thank you! :cool:

for anyone who cares, you can create your own timedemo's for d3 by bringing up the console after loading a level and typing in

recorddemo

to stop just type in

stoprecording

remember to keep em short or they will take forever to load, and if you cache it, lookout.

they'll end up in doom3/base/demos, just type in the demo name[ie/demo000] after timedemo and your good to go.

ok i have a question, i just got off rifing the monorail and i cleared out the huge room, now im in the small comp. section and theres a code you have to typew in the comp. that i cannot figure out, does anyone know what it is?

did i miss a pda file or something? because i cant open this one door and i searched all over for a pda and i cant take the monorail back....so i guess i need tho code on the comp.

PLOBBY said:
did i miss a pda file or something? because i cant open this one door and i searched all over for a pda and i cant take the monorail back....so i guess i need tho code on the comp.

Check out this page. It has all the codes in the game.

Back