• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Final Official Doom III Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
electromagnetic said:
I'm having serious problems with multiplayer and I need help. I get 40-60 fps when I walk around, dropping to 10-14 fps when there's another player on the screen. What the hell is going on? I'm playing on a very fast cable modem and I'm using low quality at 1024x768.

Also, I cannot connect to ANY game without entering the IP, and the sorting feature doesn't work.

I would really like to have posted this in a new thread, nobody will ever see it in here. HELP!!!!

Wassup fellow Denverite...I'd say that you should just decrease your resolution one notch to 800x600. Multiplayer will usually give you a performance decrease compared to single player, so you have to counteract the FPS drop by turning down your settings a little ;)

Anyone know where i can find the soundtrack thats on Doom 3 on the main menu and at the end of the game when its completed?

Cheers.

its weird, my MP isn't working now (i've tried demilitiarizing my compy ip on router)(tried disabling SP2 firewall)

this is since i reformatted. oh and i can't see the difference between 1152 medium and 1280 ultra its just 1152 runs better :)

like this for anyone else?

delljunks said:
its weird, my MP isn't working now (i've tried demilitiarizing my compy ip on router)(tried disabling SP2 firewall)

this is since i reformatted. oh and i can't see the difference between 1152 medium and 1280 ultra its just 1152 runs better :)

like this for anyone else?

Yea, thats the genius of the Doom Engine. It uses compression to speed up performance, it doesn't blurr textures. Only charecter models really get a decrease, unless you set it to low.

why do people crank it to 1600x1200 then if it decreases performance and looks the same?

and its "the beauty of doom 3 engine" never heard "the genius of doom 3 engine" although it does sound cool LOL

delljunks said:
why do people crank it to 1600x1200 then if it decreases performance and looks the same?

and its "the beauty of doom 3 engine" never heard "the genius of doom 3 engine" although it does sound cool LOL

it doesn't look the same.

High and ultra quality is bascialy the same, of course high res's are better looking.

CyberFed said:
hey i must have missed the scene with the pink deamon eating the dead body on the floor in the bathroom, what level is it on? I've been looking forward to that scene since the screenshots way back when.

I think that was actually just a demo they put on for E3. I don't think that scene is actually in the game :(

I installed the XP sp2 last night and now the game freezes up after 10-15 minutes of gameplay. It did not do it on sp1 ( it ran perfect). Has anybody else encountered this problem and if so, is there a cure for it?

I've been waiting for SP2. I didn't want to install it until I heard about other people's experience with it. My brother brings over his computer to me, today. He installed SP2 and it is messing with a lot of stuff.

My advice for anyone who has not, yet, installed SP2... don't. There are a bunch of annoyances and bugs between SP2 and other (non-Microsoft) programs.

AllowAllRefreshRates available in Doom 3?

I've been researching Doom 3 refresh rate setting for over an hour now to no avail. I know that there's a 60Hz frames per second cap on the rendering engine, but does this mean that I can't have a monitor refresh rate higher than 60 Hz? If that's the case, then no Doom 3 for me. 60 Hz refresh rate flicker is extremely distracting and annoying to me.

I have a problem with doom3. When I load it up, i set my graphics settings for example, i will set res. to 1024x768 and stuff. it says "settings will take effect after next restart" but after I restart, the settings are back to default again. Is their any way of fixing this problem? thanks.

I have learned from a ATI rep. that the CAT 4.8 was not intended for Doom 3 and he has had alot of calls concerning systems crashing to desktop from using that driver. He guided me to Cat 4.9 Beta but he told me to use it at my own risk. It worked!! No more lock-ups or crashes and it is running quite stable at that.

Back