• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Final Official Doom III Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The patch looks fairly useless. Didn't see anything in there worth mentioning. The game was released pretty complete and all of these things in the patch are extremely minor.

Godzilla said:
NO! read what i said...................i said i can only throw the soul cube once...............but I dont see any other way of getting it back without typing in the "give all" cheat....

Soul cube + type "Q" and to get it back you have to kill a few more imps.

Permanoob said:
The patch looks fairly useless. Didn't see anything in there worth mentioning. The game was released pretty complete and all of these things in the patch are extremely minor.

There's a ton of things fixed.

*EDIT* Stay away from this patch, it makes all the eyecandy cheat protected in multiplayer *EDIT*

Last edited:
electromagnetic said:
There's a ton of things fixed.

*EDIT* Stay away from this patch, it makes all the eyecandy cheat protected in multiplayer *EDIT*

wow great, that makes the multiplayer unplayable for me. It only runs playable with everything turned off. What I don't understand is that the multiplayer game is WAY more demanding than the singleplayer. I multiplayer, I need to run lowest quality 640x480 with all advanced options turned off, and I need to edit the cfg file to turn off the muzzle flash and lights. If I don't do that, framerate will drop below 15 in a firefight. And that's the same on my friend's rig with 9800pro.

you cant turn things like shadows off, there locked on, so performance really sucks because you cant turn some of the graphics off.

TheGreySpectre said:
you cant turn things like shadows off, there locked on, so performance really sucks because you cant turn some of the graphics off.

Oh, so if you're able to run with the eye candy on, normally, than this doesn't affect you in a negative way, but if you need to turn off the eye candy, because of your video horsepower, then you won't be able to.

I had installed the patch and played multiplayer and hadn't really noticed a difference, but I have a 9800 Pro and I normally have the eye candy on, running at 1024x768 (High) or 800x600 (High).

I'm starting to get into this game finally. That part where you pick up the contaminated barrels with the robotic are is cool. What I don't understand is why this game is so easy. I've only died one time. The settings are on normal not easy, but not on the hardest setting.

I run totally smooth on medium settings and 1024 res. :)

FarEast said:
Guys I need a Game Save, Auto save for "Hell".

Thanks in advance.

Here you go dood. Not a gamesave, but it'll get you to Hell quickly. Just open up your console and type "map game/hell1" It should autoload Hell for you. ;)

Back