• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Green Colossus water cooling build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your thread has been featurized! This is an amazingly well done build that you simply don't see done to this level anymore.

I noticed that you had a CSR wheel while looking through the pictures just now. You should check out the Sim Racing Discussion thread. :)

UPDATE

THIDERAS AT FIRST I WAS LIKE WHAT THE HECK IS FEATURIZED? IT TOOK ME COUPLE OF MINUTES BUT I FIGURED IT OUT. SO, THANKS A LOT FOR FEATURIZING THE THREAD AND I GREATLY APPERICATE IT.

SMALL UPDATE ON THE BUILD. IT TOOK ACOUPLE OF TRIES BUT I GOT THE LOOP FROM RES TO BOTTUM GPU.

SAM_0392.JPG

SAM_0395.JPG

SAM_0396.JPG

YAY!! Congratulations on featured build. Tubing is looking great. problem is it is so fun to bend i just wanna buy a crap load just to bend and see. But i already have a spending problem :-/ so ill wait till video card. Triple this bad boy is looking GREAT. Cant wait to see finished project.

Rusty

I can only imagine what you could do with your brains and hands if you had the space of a Phanteks Enthoo or Corsair 900D case.

I can only imagine what you could do with your brains and hands if you had the space of a Phanteks Enthoo or Corsair 900D case.

hook me up with that 900D and ill make you :drool:

Those fans are amazing, is there a How-to link somewhere explaining how you did the wiring?

thanks man, sorry there's no how-to link I ever found. don't know if you looked but the first page of this thread kind of shows you what I did. you can always pm me any time if you have questions and ill help you out.

Did you enjoy working with the Acrylic? I loved using the stuff.

hard acrylic tubing is the best. it has a very clean look to it with extremely straight lines. can't mess up cause you'll definitely see it. that small L-shape piece from cpu to ram blocks was for some reason hardest to get it right. it took me 6 attempts. other than that piece its awesome stuff to use

hard acrylic tubing is the best. it has a very clean look to it with extremely straight lines. can't mess up cause you'll definitely see it. that small L-shape piece from cpu to ram blocks was for some reason hardest to get it right. it took me 6 attempts. other than that piece its awesome stuff to use

I ended up having eight feet of tubing left over because I assumed I'd make lots of waste. Turned out I had about 12 inches of leftovers from cuts and errors. The stuff has *just* enough flex in the longer pieces to allow a tiny margin of error on the lengths, but I still made the pieces one bend at a time (measure first angle, bend, mock up, measure next, etc).

Glad to see someone else enjoyed using it as much as I did.

UPDATE

MY MONSOON LED PLUGS CAME IN. ALL BLACK WITH BLUE LEDS.

SAM_0400.JPG

SAM_0402.JPG

WISH I COULD OF LEFT IT THIS WAY THIS COOL VORTEX IN THE RES BUT IT SUCKING TO MUCH AIR THROUGH THE PUMP

SAM_0403.JPG

SAM_0405.JPG

HAD TO ADD THE MESH ON THE BOTTOM TO SOLVE THE COOL PROBLEM

SAM_0407.JPG

ALL THE PLUGS LITE UP

SAM_0408.JPG

SAM_0409.JPG

SAM_0410.JPG

SAM_0411.JPG

Looks amazing, well done!
You have more patience & attention to detail than I can ever hope to possess, haha

Last edited:
And I thought my PC looked cool... HA! How much would it cost me for you to build me something similar but white with blue tubes? I would love to own something that awesome!

MAN DOWN

SAM_0418.JPG

looks like it blew up from the inside. it made a big poof of smoke and freaked me out.

when I was testing lighting and fans I had some kind of short in the wiring. that's the wire from the fan controller to a fan splitter. I replaced it and everything seems to be working fine.

Back