• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The importance of a PSU warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

It_The_Cow

I've recently given up overclocking, so I'm need of a quiet system. I purchased an Antec PP412X (400 watt) PSU about two months ago, and it worked fine. The problem is that the fan is too loud. I lived with it for a while, but now it's getting annoying. It has well over 5 years left on it's warranty, and I'm considering voiding it by opening it up and replacing the fan. Input?

I have replaced bad PSU fans before. And if for some odd reason you screwup the PSU they aren't that expensive to replace. SO, yea. I would certainly do it if I'd be more satisfied with the noise level. Just remember, the fan(s) that are in it don't have a standard molex connector. So you'll have to do some splicing of wires. Which really isn't a big deal.

It_The_Cow said:
I've recently given up overclocking, so I'm need of a quiet system. I purchased an Antec PP412X (400 watt) PSU about two months ago, and it worked fine. The problem is that the fan is too loud. I lived with it for a while, but now it's getting annoying. It has well over 5 years left on it's warranty, and I'm considering voiding it by opening it up and replacing the fan. Input?
i'll buy it from you, how much you want?

I was looking to trade it for a 431 watt whisper quiet Enermax actually. I might sell it, though. PM me

Back