• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most beautiful game you've ever played?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A lot of people always dumped on the cartoon art style with Warcraft games. But they do not seem to realize that every single Warcraft game has used it...and it's always been the most fitting.

So far it hasn't seemed to dampen sales or ratings.....

Warcraft is a very old franchise now. I have an Orcs and Humans disc from circa 1995. Doom was more cartoonish. lol Warcraft is like playing colored moving blocks, that sort of looks like something..
Boy was that game so much fun!

:rock:

I am still fond of the visuals from Myst/Riven.

What Warcraft looks like for those who never seen the beginning.. I was going to just take a picture of the disc.. This is way cooler. Who says Windows 7 64bit cant play antique games :rolleyes: Neat game for being DoS only. Well... the disc says DoS and Machintosh.

Yes Steve. I dug it out and installed it just for you. :D

Attachments

• warcraft.GIF
    warcraft.GIF
    86.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
WoW looks quite nice yes but only because of the view distances. I could get that from Fuel =P
Also as for the cartoony style I would prefer just to go with Psyconauts or something.

Honestly it really doesn't matter what we say, you are judging wow based on something way out side of the graphics.

You are one of these zealot anti-fanboy haters. You are one of these people you cannot talk to about anything that YOU don't like in a normal conversation because your head might explode.

I HATE:

Twilight
Country Music
Rap (2003+)
Broccoli

But I could give benefits to why i thought people might like them and hate them. And I could do it with out derailing a thread.
:blah:

Pyschonauts is a horrible game. Much worse graphics, the game play is so boring.

Torchlight now that's a game that can still be fun and use cartoony graphics, though if one liks that, its amazing how one couldn't play wow.

Most visually Impressive game...

...Except Crysis

I personally would have to say, STALKER:CoP, or Shattered Horizon. Also Cryostasis is up there on my list.

How about you guys?

Stalker with the Oblivion Lost mod, and Oblivion with QTP/OOO.

Stock, uhh, probably Bioshock.

I feel that ARMA 2 takes the cake. too bad gameplay isn't up to par. its way too complex and the game mechanics are pretty weak

Never ever played crysis but just started playing bfbc2 and man it's beautiful... puts a ton of stress on my hd4890 i'll say!!!

Seriously? You've never played Crysis? It's one of those games that you have to play!

I agree, I didn't think it was that fun, but you should at least play 1 level or so to get the feel for the nice visuals.

Not including Crysis, I would have to go with Bioshock since it covers up its flaws so well (amazing artwork > artifacts/low viewing distance).

I agree, I didn't think it was that fun, but you should at least play 1 level or so to get the feel for the nice visuals.

Not including Crysis, I would have to go with Bioshock since it covers up its flaws so well (amazing artwork > artifacts/low viewing distance).

I thought the visuals were alright in Bioshock but there was something I just didn't like. I can't put my finger on it but there just wasn't something right on it.

Back