• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Physics and Chemistry of Matter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
batrick said:
Smalls things I noticed over a cursory examination: the units for heat capacity is (J/K*kg), which can be read as Joules per Kelvin Kilogram, and 1 kilogram of water is 1 litre at sea level.

Overall pretty good guide :)

I double checked on wikipedia.

The modern SI units for measuring specific heat capacity are either the joule per gram per kelvin (J g–1 K–1) or the joule per mole per kelvin (J mol–1 K–1). The various SI prefixes can create variations of these units (such as kJ kg–1 K–1 and kJ mol–1 K–1).

I was looking at the beginning of this post, and regarding the mole, if I remember last month's science class, the mole is actually 6.23 x 10 ^ 23 and not 6.02 x 10 ^ 23. I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it from school :)

Really awesome post, however I have one question......

Why no info on Plasma? It is the 4th state of matter

It's probably not as relevant to computing and not a state of matter I tend to work with :)

It's interesting nonetheless :)

Really awesome post, however I have one question......

Why no info on Plasma? It is the 4th state of matter

A similar reason we do not talk about super-critical fluids or different crystalline structures of a given solid.

A tour de force of the states of matter is definitely of interest to overclockers, just not directly relevant to the task at hand.

Back