• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X1900XT/XTX Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bump!

Got my x1900xtx up and running today. I'm gonna update this post with Stock 3DM'06 scores. So, got stock biznatch? :D

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=576301

stockgpuor5.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I feel privileged to be able to post where level-headed and informative guys reside.

Ok to cut it short, using the latest versions of ATiTool, I am not able to OC my X1900XTX Slave Card with Cat 6.8 and above. It just wont stick but as RivaTuner shows tends to drop to XTX speeds when running a 3D app.

Its a known phenomenon I know but I see many nice CF 3D bench scores wich dont look like they had the Slave Card running at stock 3D speeds or am I missing out on something here? Is there some way to OC the slave X1900 with ATiTool or any other method like AO without resorting to flashing bios?

My Master Card can do 765/860 w/ 1.55/2.223/2.069/1.564 so I'm itching to OC the Slave Card too and see how much my score would improve. It really bugs me when I know theres so much untapped potential left in there that I cannot use.

Cheers. :)

few thoughts:

i wouldnt use the LATEST ATT (ATiTool Beta 16 pre 7) ... use: 0.25 Beta 15
the newest beta 16's are more geared toward X1950's

make sure you clock both cards to the same settings.

make sure you have the voltages set for both cards. (volts dont need to be set the same if one card doesn't need as much volts as the other)

im assuming you know how to switch between cards in ATT

and lastly,

ive run into a situation similar to yours IE not having my VOLTAGE settings "stick" on one card (slave)

here is what got me going:

try setting the clocks and voltages to the desired amount.
open a 3D app (i used AquaMark) while ATT is still open
B4 the test runs, id close Aquamark and then go back to ATT and check settings.

most times, the settings would be "set" from then on.

GOOD LUCK :beer:

PS/EDIT:

:welcome: to the forums :D:D

Last edited:
Joe Camel said:
few thoughts:

i wouldnt use the LATEST ATT (ATiTool Beta 16 pre 7) ... use: 0.25 Beta 15
the newest beta 16's are more geared toward X1950's

make sure you clock both cards to the same settings.

make sure you have the voltages set for both cards. (volts dont need to be set the same if one card doesn't need as much volts as the other)

im assuming you know how to switch between cards in ATT

and lastly,

ive run into a situation similar to yours IE not having my VOLTAGE settings "stick" on one card (slave)

here is what got me going:

try setting the clocks and voltages to the desired amount.
open a 3D app (i used AquaMark) while ATT is still open
B4 the test runs, id close Aquamark and then go back to ATT and check settings.

most times, the settings would be "set" from then on.

GOOD LUCK :beer:

PS/EDIT:

:welcome: to the forums :D:D

^^ Thanks.

Slave Card stays at desired speeds running 3D apps now thanks for the tips. I'm not seeing much difference in scores though jumping from default 650/775 to 765/860 on Slave Card... I guess I need more CPU power. [email protected] doesnt seem like it can help me with 3DMark06 score any furher.

Sounds like I have to part with my good ol' A64X2... Conroe is calling my name. :D I remember reading somewhere a while back that RD600 is not going to support Intel's new 1333FSB. :-/

I hope after all the delays that plagued DFI's RD600 AMD manages to pesruade Intel to add the new 1333FSB support to RD600 or release their own quad-core chips along with a new crossfire chipset ASAP. Wishful thinking I guess.

BTW grats on your whooping fast Crossfire setup Joe Camel !! I can only imagine how fast it chews through anything you throw at it with those extreme clocks.:thup: Do you even feel the need for G80(s) for anything other than getting higher 3Dmark scores?

Last edited:
WastrelI'm not seeing much difference in scores though jumping from default 650/775 to 765/860 on Slave Card... I guess I need more CPU power.[/quote said:
Are you only overclocking the slave? Both cards need to be running the same clocks in CF to perform the highest. Another way to see CF power is by running high AA/AF and resolutions. That is where CF really shows it's power.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Are you only overclocking the slave? Both cards need to be running the same clocks in CF to perform the highest. Another way to see CF power is by running high AA/AF and resolutions. That is where CF really shows it's power.

Yep Master card is OCed too Captain. You're right I do play all my games at highest possible res. and AA/AF setting but for comparable 3DMark06 score I was trying the usual test first.

I was aiming for 10500 3Dmarks so far I manged to reach 10348 with CPU/GPU clocks a bit higher than my 24/7.Only if I could squeeze another 50MHz out of my s939 4400...

Last edited:
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post a problem up... but considering this is the x1900xt/xtx thread, it sounded appropriate.

I have some problems,
When I enable the crossfire (The simple little checkbox in the ATI menu) all is well. But when I start to render 3d... or simply draw anything to do with graphics onto the screen, I hear sounds from my computer, relativly loud sounds. Sort of like a crackling or snapping. I have tried to pinpoint it and it seems it come out of the processor... yes, the CPU. :eek:
The frequeny of the crackling depends on what is drawn on the screen. For some reason when you first start up oblivion and it has the menu and the map scrolling in the background, its really cracking pretty bad, but when I'm running oblivion whoopin up on a mosh of guards, it doesnt seem to be as bad. When I hit TAB and open up the inventory, it's bad.

Maybe its got to do with the contrast/Brightness??? I've Fiddled around with the BIOS quite a bit and I'm not sure where to go.
Anyone know? I'm lost!

EDIT: I guess the question is, is it Safe to ignore it?

Dont get me wrong, the Crossfire is Amazing... Being able to play Oblivion in 'Ultra High Setting' and having NO LAG is great!

PhysX said:
me ? stock 3d voltages and fan speeds are dynamic based on core temp 70c<--

Up your fan speeds, as in have it ramp up quicker and earlier. My, and it sounds like most X1900's, are very temp sensitive, as the clocks go up, it's tolerance for higher temps goes down.

Check the links on the front page, they're very informative.

edit: HOLY CRAP the HR-03 (plus an aerocool 92mm fan, 50cfm/29db according to newegg) is what this card needed, after 50 minutes of BF2142 my temps at stock clocks were the same as my old idle temps!! (38 ambient and 47 gpu, idle is 34 and 37) That's with an 80mm fan in front and 50cfm exhaust blower at the rear of the card, same as before.

No more WHIIRRRRRRRR on startup, no more ramping up of the fan during gameplay, mmmmm.

Rambling on: Now 715/828 is rock solid, walk out of the room and do something else, stable on my XT with max temps of 61gpu, 43 ambient and 57 on the vr. Ended up getting a 6265 3DMark score held back by a blistering 1758 cpu score. Taking a break from OC'ing the other components after a forced Windows repair session...at least it wasn't anything expensive like I had initially feared.

Last edited:
Son1990 said:
Just picked up an XTX. Im excited to see what I can do with this baby.
it does a lot... also will keep your room warm throughout the winter! lol

my x1900xtx did... and now that i have the x1800... that does too! :)

it's def a FUN card to play with... LOTS AND LOTS of options.

The XTX is definately a great card, I loved mine till the end. Hopefully I can get another one through RMA. The nuclear reactor on the card must of had a melt down. I didn't even get a chance to do any overclocking with it. :(

inkfx said:
The XTX is definately a great card, I loved mine till the end. Hopefully I can get another one through RMA. The nuclear reactor on the card must of had a melt down. I didn't even get a chance to do any overclocking with it. :(
hydrogen power, baby!! dump some water on it! :D :D

Hello

Overclocking my Sapphire X1900XT at 1.475V reached 110C temperature.
After returning to default settings GPU still overheating!
Yesterday I had 35C in 2D mode, now 50+C

Reinstalling driver had not affected overheating.
Voltages are 1.2V in 2D and 1.45V in 3D.

Cooler - Zalman VF900-Cu, thermal grease Zalman too (was bundled with cooler)

Is there any cure but buying a new card?

Last edited:
Back