• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X1900XT/XTX Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol thanks Rat.... per your request in your pm... Heres my info on this card:

SuperDave1685 ........1900CF.......720/830 ......... 1.475 GPU.........2.170 VDD.........Dynatron BH-610 w/ 80mm Antec fan

3D Mark '05 - 13280

SuperDave1685 said:
lol thanks Rat.... per your request in your pm... Heres my info on this card:

SuperDave1685 ........1900CF.......720/830 ......... 1.475 GPU.........2.170 VDD.........Dynatron BH-610 w/ 80mm Antec fan

3D Mark '05 - 13280
Hello there,

Please go to page one (1) of this thread and see posts #8 & #10. Reproduce what's there and you'll get added to the world famous Wall of Fame. :D

Regards
The RaT

Hy my x1900xt cf master card @ stock idle`s at 13.6a within atitool
and under load goes up to 40.9amps is it normal??
The problem is that my card is as hot as hell , temp`s at are around 41°c and load is 62°c after 1 minute and that with watercooling.
I have reseated the cooler many many times use other thermal grease and nothing help`s!
Is my card broken??

Freakezoit said:
Hy my x1900xt cf master card @ stock idle`s at 13.6a within atitool
and under load goes up to 40.9amps is it normal??
The problem is that my card is as hot as hell , temp`s at are around 41°c and load is 62°c after 1 minute and that with watercooling.
I have reseated the cooler many many times use other thermal grease and nothing help`s!
Is my card broken??

Yep and that is only the phase current not the total GPU draw on the Vcore PS. Without knowing what
WB, Radiator, Rad Fans, Pump, etc there is no way to know if those temps are high for your setup or not.

Also where are the radiator fans drawing there air from. If you are trying to pull the rad fans air through the
case it is a given the temps will be high from low rad fan air flow.

Viper

Freakezoit said:
I have one single rad with a 120 fan @ 2400rpm blowing and the Zalman Reserator 1 the grapics card is the only thing thats cooled with that wc.
My pump is the laing ddc ultra and the water block is this one : http://www.aqua-computer.de/images/products/gpu/aquagratix_1900_500.jpg
i hop that helps a bit

sry for my bad english :)

You didn't say what water block but the Reserator 1 is a hell of a long way from a performance Rad. Not sure I
would even call it entry level these days.

Viper

The water block is the Aquagratix x1900xt/xtx Cooler and i now that Reserator 1
isn`t that good but that`s not the only rad . i have one Single rad (Alphacool Radiator NexXxoS HC 120-LE) + the reserator and that should be enought for that card??

Freakezoit said:
The water block is the Aquagratix x1900xt/xtx Cooler and i now that Reserator 1
isn`t that good but that`s not the only rad . i have one Single rad (Alphacool Radiator NexXxoS HC 120-LE) + the reserator and that should be enought for that card??

Well that answers the question, With an AQG water block plus the Reserator you are probably doing good at 62C. None of these parts are for performance cooling.

Viper

Freakezoit,
Since your GPU temp rises quickly when GPU goes under load the only thing you can blame is the GPU block. It's a thumb rule in watercooling that "bad blocks" have a large temperature delta (dT). 20ºC dT your experiencing is due to weak transfer of heat from GPU to water.
Also, an underpowered pump can cause a high dT.

Radiators only affect the amount of heat in the system ie. the overall temperatures.

HousERaT said:
Hello there,

Please go to page one (1) of this thread and see posts #8 & #10. Reproduce what's there and you'll get added to the world famous Wall of Fame. :D

Regards
The RaT

So, I'll have to DL all three versions of 3DMark?

X1950XT 729/801 GPU:1.475 Mem:2.102

Last edited:
Having trouble with brand new X1900CF master card

Ever since I got my brandnew Connect3D X1900CF (1.2ns) out of the box, i’ve been having a strange problem.
I get a flickering /black screen now and then

I only get the flickering/black screen when vgpu is set to 1.41v or higher!:confused:
With black screen, i mean loss of signal; my monitor goes black for a couple of secs and then is viewable agian, only to be followed by another black screen again.., and soforth and soforth...

But.... When I set vgpu to 1.40 or lower, the flickering/black screen flashing stops immediately!
Setting vgpu to 1.45v-1.50v results in an direct black screen, with a sporadic viewable desktop in between.
I've been testing this with AtiTool.

The problem occurs in 3d mode, but also in 2d mode (if vgpu is set to 1.41v or higher.)
Running crossfire enabled or disabled doesn't matter
Running with only one card in my systeem doesn't help either

At first, I thought it was VPU Recover kicking in, but I get it with vpu recover on and of.
It's almost like the GPU core of the master card itself cannot handle a vgpu of 1.41v or more.

My temps are good, the card is cooled with a full-cover EK waterblock , giving me 42 degrees Celcius stressed.

I'm still hoping to find a answer to this problem, because I'm limited to 1.4v on the GPU and I need more juice to take it over the 720MHz when overclocking.
My slave card (Sapphire X1900 XT 1.1ns) does 750MHz with 1.485v, so it would be nice to get those two cards in sync while overclocking.

DemonEyez_NL said:
Ever since I got my brandnew Connect3D X1900CF (1.2ns) out of the box, i’ve been having a strange problem.
I get a flickering /black screen now and then

I only get the flickering/black screen when vgpu is set to 1.41v or higher!:confused:
With black screen, i mean loss of signal; my monitor goes black for a couple of secs and then is viewable agian, only to be followed by another black screen again.., and soforth and soforth...

But.... When I set vgpu to 1.40 or lower, the flickering/black screen flashing stops immediately!
Setting vgpu to 1.45v-1.50v results in an direct black screen, with a sporadic viewable desktop in between.
I've been testing this with AtiTool.

The problem occurs in 3d mode, but also in 2d mode (if vgpu is set to 1.41v or higher.)
Running crossfire enabled or disabled doesn't matter
Running with only one card in my systeem doesn't help either

At first, I thought it was VPU Recover kicking in, but I get it with vpu recover on and of.
It's almost like the GPU core of the master card itself cannot handle a vgpu of 1.41v or more.

My temps are good, the card is cooled with a full-cover EK waterblock , giving me 42 degrees Celcius stressed.

I'm still hoping to find a answer to this problem, because I'm limited to 1.4v on the GPU and I need more juice to take it over the 720MHz when overclocking.
My slave card (Sapphire X1900 XT 1.1ns) does 750MHz with 1.485v, so it would be nice to get those two cards in sync while overclocking.
I'm not entirely positive, but that sounds like a power issue to me... maybe you're sucking up too much power from your PSU and it can't handle it.

Try unhooking spare hard drives and optical drives and case fans, and see if things change... I would try that if it was me, but I could be wrong.

Also, test your rails with a DMM.

g0dM@n said:
I'm not entirely positive, but that sounds like a power issue to me... maybe you're sucking up too much power from your PSU and it can't handle it.

Try unhooking spare hard drives and optical drives and case fans, and see if things change... I would try that if it was me, but I could be wrong.

Also, test your rails with a DMM.
I'm running with OCZ PowerStream 520W + Thermaltake 250W Dedicated PSU. That's 770W in total. My rails are fine and even slight above default onder full load.

My Sapphire 1900XT slave runs fine with a vgpu of 1.525v, as well as in single card (as only primary card) as in dual Crossfire mode
But the Connect3D 1900CF master will not run with a vgpu of 1.41v or higher, even in single primary card mode (that's with the slave card completely removed from the system)

DemonEyez_NL said:
I'm running with OCZ PowerStream 520W + Thermaltake 250W Dedicated PSU. That's 770W in total. My rails are fine and even slight above default onder full load.

My Sapphire 1900XT slave runs fine with a vgpu of 1.525v, as well as in single card (as only primary card) as in dual Crossfire mode
But the Connect3D 1900CF master will not run with a vgpu of 1.41v or higher, even in single primary card mode (that's with the slave card completely removed from the system)

You sure your PSUs are enough? Each card is going to pull around 30A at load...
Which PSU is running which card? What is the Amp rating on the Thermaltake 250W rail?
Is your CPU overclocked? I've had the CPU and GPU fight over juice before...

DemonEyez_NL said:

Hmmm... I really have no idea what else you could try... did you try unhooking extra stuff, and possibly running everything else stock?

digerati said:
You sure your PSUs are enough? Each card is going to pull around 30A at load...
Which PSU is running which card? What is the Amp rating on the Thermaltake 250W rail?
Is your CPU overclocked? I've had the CPU and GPU fight over juice before...

Its not pulling 30A. Don't go by what ATI tool reads because my X1800XL at stock showed more apperage pull then my X1900XT OCed.

deathman20 said:
Its not pulling 30A. Don't go by what ATI tool reads because my X1800XL at stock showed more apperage pull then my X1900XT OCed.
oh yeah... forgot to mention that... yeah, it's not too accurate. :)

deathman20 said:

Wow, really??
My 1950XT is showing up to 38A OC'd... So, thats way off?
Whats a good tool for monitoring power consumption then? Systool?

Last edited:
digerati said:
Wow, really??
My 1950XT is showing up to 38A OC'd... So, thats way off?
Whats a good tool for monitoring voltages then? Systool?

I forgot the formula you can use to get an estimate on it but its hard to gauge since you have memory and other chips on the board that use voltages that you don't control. True accurate way would be to plug a kilowatt meter into the outlet and measure it.

Unless this is true but GPU voltage * Amperage sounds like a very low low load for the GPU itself which it should be alot higher than what is given for it. Ram probably takes a good 20W or so though.

deathman20 said:
I forgot the formula you can use to get an estimate on it but its hard to gauge since you have memory and other chips on the board that use voltages that you don't control. True accurate way would be to plug a kilowatt meter into the outlet and measure it.

Unless this is true but GPU voltage * Amperage sounds like a very low low load for the GPU itself which it should be alot higher than what is given for it. Ram probably takes a good 20W or so though.

Well, I said Voltages, but I wes really interested in the Amp readings...

Although, I could do the math... :rolleyes:

So, there's really no good software solution to see the true amp usage of the GPU under load?

Last edited:
Back