• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X1900XT/XTX Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't find any on the net and I longer have my x1900's. :(

I guess a continuity check to find another point is the way to go if you can remove the sinks.

HouseRat, for your Dynatron BH2xx cooling, did you hvae to use special retention stand-offs or make a special shroud? It would be great if you can give me some details. The Zalman VF9000AlCu is almost worthless on my card. Temps are hitting 80+ at a mere 700/805 1.4V, 2.086V. What else can I do on air before I pour ice-water over it? :-/

I'm disappointed because my bloody card is so damn hot. I have a 120mm cooling the rear side and an 80mm directly on the VRegs. This just sucks. If you guys don't give me a solution...I'm gonna burn this card and post the remains to each one of you. :mad:

:D :beer:

Last edited:
Stock is for n00bs. :D

The stock cooler's base is disgracefully unfinished. I don't have the time to take it to the wheel grinder, flatten it out and then lap it. Somehow, I feel that I got a dud card. :(

Get some decent cooling on that thing before it croaks! :D

Your right though, the base on the stock cooler isn't very pretty. Still a little AS5 and you'll be alot better off. If you wanna get serious strap 100CFM's to the stock cooler with the top off.

Now this is weird. After flashing to the Toxic BIOS and installing the latest Cats, with ATT 0.26, I'm able to hit 713 no probs...no heat issues as well (high 60's). :confused:

Get this, to OC with ATT, I HAVE to have ATIPoller+garbage services enabled. Else its an instant lock up. Another wierd thing is that ONLY a fresh install of ATT will work everytime I want to OC...lol. Else it locks up the moment I start ATT.

Looks like flashing WITHOUT raising VCore is the only option for me. Either that or my Winblows install is fubar.

I'll try that maxi. I was also thinking of modding a stock Opteron heatpipe cooler. The newer ones are garbage though. AMD are cheap bastages...

Hi guys
I just got a Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT for my Birthday. And here I am chasing who to fix ATI ****. ( knew i should of never got anything to do with ATI)
OK to the point and not sugar coated.
the card is under clocking stuck at 500/500 only way Ive see the stock 625/900 is to run both the ati tools from the CD and then load ATI 0.26 or what ever. Then it will show both ATI tools at defaults.
With out reading 89 pages can some one walk me though a quick fix so I can at least clock it some? thanks for your help

will and can i flash to the Toxic BIOS ?

At this point. What drivers should i use

Last edited:
Hi guys
I just got a Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT for my Birthday. And here I am chasing who to fix ATI ****. ( knew i should of never got anything to do with ATI)
the card is under clocking stuck at 500/500 only way Ive see the stock 625/900 is to run both the ati tools from the CD and then load ATI 0.26 or what ever. Then it will show both ATI tools at defaults.
With out reading 89 pages can some one walk me though a quick fix so I can at least clock it some? thanks for your help

I personally have no experience with this card so I can't be of any help. Hopefully someone who has one will see this and give a hand.

I wouldn't recommend any bios flashing unless:

1. You know what you're doing.......

and

2. There will be some kind of benefit that can't be achieved by just simply overclocking.

Good hunting......

The RaT

Hi guys

There is nothing to fix. 500/500 are the 2D clocks. 625/900 are the 3D clocks.

Viper

Does anyone have an idea how cpu-dependent the x1900xt is?
If I switch from a 2.1ghz cpu to a 3.2ghz cpu, what kind of performance can I expect to leverage out of the graphics card?

i went from a 3.2 prescot to a 2.4 duo
and the grafix is way better. everything is so much better.
so at a guess i would say it uses quite a bit.
but lets see what the other say. as ive been away for a while and im not so "up" on whats what

not sure if this list is still being updated, but....

PhysX...........- 1900XTX -- 754/853 - 1.425 GPU, 2.127 VDD - Thermalright HR-03 (With Fan @ 2000rpm)

Back