• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On my stock cooling, I would get 62C load on stock thermal paste, and 57C load with AS5 paste.

I hope you guys know that getting better cooling FOR THE MOST PART has not gained anyone an overclock. If you voltmod, obviously it would be a safe thing to get better cooling.

I'm getting about 32C load on my watercooling... :)

By the way, Michael Warren, you should be happy with your results so far... I bought 6 GTO²s, and none of them came close to your core. As for your memory hitting 680... that is just unheard of... I wouldn't necessarily believe that... not to say that it can't go higher than most people, but I know for sure that 680mhz is not possible without a voltmod...

It's ok that you dont believe me.........thats just another challenge for me :) . But like I said, it locked up at 680 so im pretty sure that I can hit 660 without it locking up in 3Dmark05. I will post results later on since there are alot of other variables for me to play around with.

That ATiTool max thingie doesn't mean much. X8xx's can run their memory at ridiculously high amounts, but they artifact to the point of unintelligibility. That's probably what you meant by "blocking looking." You can make Windows look a like a mush. I bet I could run at around 750 if I really wanted to do that. Btw, I would advise against letting it run that high. Pretty good chance you'll smoke the card.

im doing the tests now and i locked up @ 591 and for memory 591 for memory which cracked with 10 seconds left of the heat up fase... im gonna try 588 and and 590 and see if it can go through 3d mark :)

I hate my life... I don't understand how you guys have such awesome cores when mine was cherry-picked from so many!!! :(

It's cool... I'm livin' with it. I got this one that I'm keeping at $229 shipped from ZZF that one day ZZF got it back in stock when newegg had it for like $299.

It runs @ XT PE clocks daily. I was running 550/615 for a while (least a few weeks) until I noticed artifacting several days ago... bumped it down to 540/590. If someone could help me find the right bios, I want to flash my baby to XT PE, so that it's permanently XT PE, and then I can just get rid of ATItool from my startup.

k here it goes..... i was able to do 588/589 on my first oc. first thing i did was flash bios then went into windows and installed drivers.... then oc'd to 588/589 (hopefully ill be able to get alittle higher soon) using the zalman vf-700 cu and i get good temps too... 35 idle and 57 load. its not too bad.

anyways my 3d mark 05 score was 6667 and heres some pics.
also used arctic silver 5 :). also heres my futuremark link too http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1685473 so i hope i did well for first attempt @ ocing this card and maybe i can burn it in to get a bit more :)

Attachments

• x800gto2 588 589 flashed to 16 pipes.JPG
    x800gto2 588 589 flashed to 16 pipes.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00474.JPG
    DSC00474.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00477.JPG
    DSC00477.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 34
What are those bright blue things at the bottom of your case. Are those fans?

yeh vantec slot cooler...... all my pc's have em .. just top get some slightely better air flow aound the vga card. its good stuff aspecially when it only costs 20$ CAD

New 05 score score @600/600

6890.jpg

That seems kind of low for your system since my GTO2 was clocked lower than that and my processor wasnt overclocked and my ram was left untouched and I got a higher score than you.

Michael Warren said:
That seems kind of low for your system since my GTO2 was clocked lower than that and my processor wasnt overclocked and my ram was left untouched and I got a higher score than you.

Well your speeds are slightly different than mine (your memory clock is much higher than mine is so far, but your core is lower). I'll bump my memory to 630 tonight is I can and see what happens

FarkinBastage added to the wall of fame...... wonderful core you have there. Better than either of mine. You still on stock cooling?

70602.jpg

It looks like I have the highest 05 score with this card. It's not volt modded either and the memory has about another 20mhz on it and the core has about 10 more mhz on it. It just needs to be burned in a litte more so it doesnt stall out in 3dmark.

Last edited:
Back