• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal compound choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

is the coolermaster thermal compund any good? coz i cant seem to find any AS

all there is at the computer fairs is the coolermaster kit and the thermaltake kit.. which is best?

i am using coolermaster thermal paste with coolermaster heat pipe but i think not so good.can't bring down the temp a lot.temp on idle 55c.i going to try as3

The coolermaster Thermal Compound, being the Shin Etsu G-751 Thermal Compound (MicroSi told me:) ), is one of the best Thermal Compounds, though the Evergreen Thermal Compound is supposed to be better (www.evertech.com). I should be receiving review samples of both soon. I will let you know :) (The Coolermaster compound I am receiving from Shin Etsu to make sure Coolermaster didnt tamped with it.)

it definatly was not fake. it was the proper siringe and had artic silver 3 written on its silver lable, i can assure you its real.
also:
AntmanMike said:
The coolermaster Thermal Compound, being the Shin Etsu G-751 Thermal Compound (MicroSi told me:) ), is one of the best Thermal Compounds, though the Evergreen Thermal Compound is supposed to be better (www.evertech.com). I should be receiving review samples of both soon. I will let you know :) (The Coolermaster compound I am receiving from Shin Etsu to make sure Coolermaster didnt tamped with it.)

the coolermaster isnt g-751. it contains g-751 along with other ingrediants. so, how do you know that shin-etsu didnt tamper with it, i mean, they wouldnt want the coolermaster compound to outperfom their own, would they?

No, you are wrong. The coolermaster compound is pure Shin Etsu G-751, plus the fact I doubt they would tamper with it, since they have to BUY it from MicroSi in order to use it.

here is the coolermaster compound
http://www.coolermaster.com.hk/en/products/thermal/ptk-001.html

here is the shin-etsu compound
http://www.silicone.jp/e/solution/heatdissipation/fluid/fluid.html

not the different TC rating: 6.8 W/mK for the coolermaster compound and 4.5 W/mk for the shin-etsu g-751.

still identical?

look here:
http://www.insideproject.com/showreview.cfm?reviewid=81#Premium

this will tell you all you need to know about the compounds, and the fact that the coolermaster compound only contains g-751 like i said:
I honestly never knew CoolerMaster made this compound until we received it. What surprised me even more was that this compound contains Shin Etsu, which was one of the other compounds listed for this review

Off of the coolermaster site: This thermal interface compound is developed by Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. to meet the current and future requirements of high performance microprocessors. It is used to increase surface contact area for heat transfer by minimizing any air bubbles that exists between the top of the processor and the base of the heat sink. Cooler Master specifically designed this application kit to give you professional results every time and instantly, as it would come off the production line.

You do not know where insideproject got their information from that on, I got MY information DIRECTLY from MicroSI.

im talking about their thermal conductivity, their mass ect not what tempreature some reviewer got with the stuff.

if they are one and the sam, yet both quote different specs, then one is guilty of false-advertising, arnt they?
unless, they arnt the same.

oh and that information i posted was from both manufactures sites. (coolermaster and shin-etsu silicones).

btw that is a sucky attitude

Back