• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED time to get a new hsf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
W

William

Well, looking at my sig you can see its time for me to get a new HSF for my celey. I will not use anything that has a delta, they are just too loud, and I can't get used to it. My brother has one and I hate it. So what do you recommend for this processor. I am shooting for the gigahertz level.

Check out the Millenium Glaciator on the front page. Looks like a very nice HSF without the noise of the Delta. I have a Delta 38 in 1 of my cases and it is not that bad after a few mods. The Delta is sucking, this gives less noise then when the fan is blowing. Also added some sound insulation inside the case. The inside of the left cover and case bottom are lined.

ken257 (May 31, 2001 06:53 p.m.):
Check out the Millenium Glaciator on the front page. Looks like a very nice HSF without the noise of the Delta. I have a Delta 38 in 1 of my cases and it is not that bad after a few mods. The Delta is sucking, this gives less noise then when the fan is blowing. Also added some sound insulation inside the case. The inside of the left cover and case bottom are lined.

i saw the review, not sure about price, and is probably not yet available. I want one for my brothers TBird. I think it would a bit heavy for my slocket and all too, I move my comp around quite a bit.

dunno260 (May 31, 2001 07:06 p.m.):
ken257 (May 31, 2001 06:53 p.m.):

i saw the review, not sure about price, and is probably not yet available. I want one for my brothers TBird. I think it would a bit heavy for my slocket and all too, I move my comp around quite a bit.

If it adds any comfort to considering Copper and a Slocket...I'm running a CAK38 on a Slocket WITH the plastic base around the Slocket intact and locket. The CAK is 500 Grams...that's a lot of weight...the slocket's not bending.

The Gladiator is....680...1.5lbs....crazy!!! I think its because the entire fan is encased in copper. Good luck w/ your final decision.

i would like the CAK, but it has the bloody delta. I am considering the PEP66 with a YS tech or possibly a FOP32-1. Not sure though. Not worried about the clip as I have a shim.

Back