• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To upgrade or not?? 2070 to??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Izu79

Registered
Good day fellow overclockers.
The question is it worth upgrading to say a 2080 super from a 2070 non super or wait for AMD'S new navi nvidia killer??
1440p 144hz panel getting about 80-100fps on high/ultra. I do not want to lower quality settings period.
Does the eye actually see a difference above 60hz. I know opening a can of worms with this discussion but hey.

Last edited:
Is your monitor a g-sync/free-sync monitor or not?

If you are happy with the settings you are running then I would wait, I don't know if the new Navi will be competitive with the 2080/2080ti stuff, time will just have to tell. I also imagine we may see a new GPU from nVidia this year as well.

To answer your question, yes you can discern a difference between 60hz and 144hz, it's as simple as moving the mouse around on your screen (if you have two screens) how much more fluid it moves compared to the other one.

Monitor is a lg with freesync. Nvidia GPU , so still figuring out how to get them to work together. As of this post it is turned off.

some free-sync monitors can be compatible with adaptive sync on an nvidia card. You will have to look at the compatibility list on nVidia's site or just testing it, should be in the nvidia driver settings to attempt to force it on.

Thank you! Will try it.
Oddly enough the freesync option on my monitor is greyed out . Will try on video card and see if comes back on.
Monitor is a lg 32gk650f

Is this helpful? They tested your monitor and said FreeSync works with their nvidia card.

It worked!!! Thank you very much. Had to reset my monitor for it to show up. ��������

I'm glad to read that it worked out for you Izu because I've been planning a build including that LG monitor & an RTX 2070 Plus. :thup:

Back