• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tomshardware APPOLIGIZED!!!.........kindof :P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
Tomshardware APPOLIGIZED!!!.........kindof :p...Omid dont come around

WOO HOOO HE APPOLIGIZED!!!!!

"To apologize to AMD lovers, who, and rightly so, point to the processor's consistent performance spec ratings and price/quality benchmarks, which more often than not beat Intel processors, Intel has also conceded that its Itanium 64 bit is no way to go for small server applications." <-------- i'm sure thats what he means, however if not that then definetly this

http://www20.tomshardware.com/colum...2201/index.html

excellent article that changes the way I view AMD, because if Toms is correct then AMD is one of the few companies that seem to strive not so much on profits and PR then they do on engineering, the basis for this all, and that is what I LOVE in a company more then anything else.

All in all I guess Tomshardware did pull their heads out of their *** a bit and took a look around.

P.S. Omin Rahmat this is what you get, for your Fanboy Intel loving /AMD biosed article. Now you just look like a fool, the only article you are able to write from here on out will be opinion article, you no longer have credit for any type of technical reviews, and in the meantime you have developed (atleast in me) a new set of fanboy like attitude. To support a company that focuses on technology/engineering is by far more ethical/morally right then a monopoly butt kisser that focuses/runs off of and is motivated by sales. I'd say that in your quest you have accomplished the exact opposite of what you set out todo. If I was the Intel investor that payed you off,.....I'd be asking for my money back.

And I love the closing

"I think you have unfairly dissed the house of "We will try and see if we cannot do what you want" However, if you still believe that Intel has won the "war" and AMD is all done, please contact me. I have a choice piece of bridge real estate in Brooklyn, New York for sale and I will negotiate a once in a lifetime price for you."

Error404 - Document Not Found!

Sorry! The Requested Page was not Found!!

Dear Visitor. The page you requested couldn't be found :( - If you followed a link from another Website please inform their Webmaster. If you happen to get this message while browsing Tom's Hardware Guide please inform the Webmaster of Tom's Hardware Guide.

Please check the URL in the address field of your browser. All pages end with .html, maybe it is .htm. You might want to use the Search Engine to find what you are looking for.

You can also browse Tom's Guides (see box below). They list articles according to their topic. Or you might want to check the Historical Archive. Here you can find all articles in a chronological order. The Keyword Index provides an alphabetical listing of products, product groups and companies.

link doesnt work

MameXP said:
link doesnt work

Exactly. :(

It sounds so interesting. Its kind of surprising coming from Tom's, but its a shame that we always overlook THG, much of their content is very good and well written. It must be that he is losing readers because of the bias, this will really help his image.
Can't wait to read it.

Matt

Wow! I'm hoping those are exact quotes from his article. If so, this will be good reading!

I know, i have checked back this thread for 5 times already. linnk still doesnt work.

Man i dont know if i should trust it tho. I mean if you keep telling the lies you cant expect to recieve any trust.

Didn't see that one coming.

Where the heck do they put the authors name at???

Who wrote it?

ps and what about the editor who approved the first article?

has kept Intel out of anti-trust court with its bed-fellow Microsoft

Damn, even Tom's agrees with this one!

There are some conspiracy theorists out there who contended during the 1980s that the U.S. and, what was then, the USSR, would never destroy each other and the rest of the world at the same time because they were in fact really the same country. Documented clandestine meetings between the leaders of the two countries and secret grain shipments from the U.S. to the U.S.S.R. proved this theory.

Seriously. Where do they come up with this stuff? Must be some crazy German thing.

OC Noob said:
Didn't see that one coming.

Where the heck do they put the authors name at???

Who wrote it?

ps and what about the editor who approved the first article?

It was written by Bruce Gain. It's on the right where it says Article Info.

Nader said:

It was written by Bruce Gain. It's on the right where it says Article Info.

Thank you.

I always look for the names at the top and bottom of articles. I'll have to take a closer look at the sides.

Its good to see the retraction (near enough) and a publiv humiliation of the author of that article. Trust is almost restored, I can't deny some of their articles are good.

omid hasnt apologized though, and thats what i want...........bruce didnt write that article, he has nothing to apologize for really has he??

until that little ****head apologises in full for the slating he gave amd USERS for NO REASON other than IGNORANCE AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT HE WAS TRYING TO WRITE ABOUT, the lot of them can shove it up their ARSE

IMHO, ITS NOWHERE NEAR GOOD ENUFF, THAT TURD HAS BEEN LEFT FREE TO CONTINUE HIS BIASED RANTS AND REVIEWS........IF I HAD GONE ON LIKE THAT, I WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED, LETS FACE IT, IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME IS IT???

I dont think it matters all that much, because his credibility is shoot and therefore he can only wright opinion articles, so HAHAHA because no mo review for Omid and thats all that Toms does.

P.S. I wrote that in a final forum feedback letter to Tomshardware.
BartonBadBoy said:
omid hasnt apologized though, and thats what i want...........bruce didnt write that article, he has nothing to apologize for really has he??

until that little ****head apologises in full for the slating he gave amd USERS for NO REASON other than IGNORANCE AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT HE WAS TRYING TO WRITE ABOUT, the lot of them can shove it up their ARSE

IMHO, ITS NOWHERE NEAR GOOD ENUFF, THAT TURD HAS BEEN LEFT FREE TO CONTINUE HIS BIASED RANTS AND REVIEWS........IF I HAD GONE ON LIKE THAT, I WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED, LETS FACE IT, IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME IS IT???

Surprise surprise..someone at THG does realize that calling AMD users delusional will cause people to be angry.

1. Editors should have caught this before it was published. Or they don't exist or they can't do their job properly?
2. Omid should be fired if he does not make a public apoloogy. Maybe he should be fired no matter what.

Back