• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tri monitor flight sim setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Hi my buddy picked up this system.
Asus fx8300
he also bought 3 of the same monitor.
Curious how he would go about setting this up to play flight sim on 3 screens never done this myself.

Any advise would be awesome. Did some searching but info feels scattered.

Edit: i believe his gpu is a r7 240 fixed the link lol.

Last edited:
How in the world is he planning on a playing a flight sim across three monitors on a card like that????!!!!!!! Integrated graphics are as good or slightly better than that thing. Its not a gaming card on one monitor, none the less 3.

Rofl ya i was a bit disappointed when he just went and ordered that when could have built something. Ive been out of the loop as far as gaming goes what card should he pickup?

For 3 monitor flight sim he needs to bring his wallet. I would say nothing less than a R9 280x, but better yet a R9 290 or a GTX 970.

That said, if he gets a new card, he really needs to look into upgrading his PSU as it only comes with some 300W model and lord only knows if its garbage or not.

We need the exact model number of the GPU and monitors to tell you what will/won't work.

As for replacing the card, I'd look at a 970. Make sure what motherboard and PSU are in the system since its prebuilt though......

Edit: this part is for my later use.
Computer model - ASUS M51BC-US012S

Any way your buddy could return it???

GPU is junk essentially... fine for watching HD films and maybe source games with low settings... but that's about it!!

I would look at something with 4GB VRAM for triple monitor setup, like ATMINSIDE said... a 970, or if your buddy likes AMD, 290/290x.

Another issue tho, 300w PSU would need to get replaced. Even if it's a good quality one, it's still not enough

I run FSX & MS Flight at 3840x1024 (3 1280x1024) and it runs smoothly on an HD 6950 2GB (overclocked, not unlocked, to 6970). So he could look at a 280 or 280x instead of 290/290x. MS FSX is more about CPU than it is GPU.

I run FSX & MS Flight at 3840x1024 (3 1280x1024) and it runs smoothly on an HD 6950 2GB (overclocked, not unlocked, to 6970). So he could look at a 280 or 280x instead of 290/290x. MS FSX is more about CPU than it is GPU.

All depends on resolution I suppose, if the 3 monitors in question from the OP is 3 x 1080p... then 3GB of VRAM would be the better choice.

I'd be concerned about that 8 core FX melting that cheap motherboard in that OEM system. You don't want a board with a weak power section with those chips. Just 2 weeks ago we were warning somebody else about that and half way down the thread he said his motherboard blew up.

I'd be concerned about that 8 core FX melting that cheap motherboard in that OEM system. You don't want a board with a weak power section with those chips. Just 2 weeks ago we were warning somebody else about that and half way down the thread he said his motherboard blew up.

Literally caught fire less than twelve hours after I warned him about OCing on a cheap board with an 8320. I remember it well.

Back