• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tribes 2 is still one of the greatest games out there.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
Just found a 10 minute video someone made with quite a bit of good Tribes 2 footage.

56kers beware. It's a 183MB file. I was able to get it in about 20 mins at 215KB/s, so cable users should be able to get it easily.
click me

Even though this game is like 2 years old now, I'm still impressed by the amazing landscaping in the game and the gameplay that is unparallelled by any other game.

Honestly, a 10 minute video clip of Counterstrike footage would be a snoozefest. Nothing but awpers dealing out headshots. You throw in some interesting game dynamics and wide open landscaping and you get yourself a game I'll never get bored of.

Heh

We need more Tribes players. Fallen|JohnMcClane here and the Tribes community seems to be slowing down a lot lately. :( But they are actually re-releasing the game later this month and it'll include the latest patch (I believe) which holds the latest 2 mods that are making for a lot of hype: Classic Mod and Team Rabbit 2. Both are really fun... Classic Mod makes Tribes 2 fast again the way Tribes 1 was, and makes it very enjoyable in my opinion. Maybe I'll see you on the battlefield. :) But to those who are completely 100% new to Tribes, beware, it takes quite a long time to get good at this game.

Oh and by the way. These movies are not Tribes 2, but they are Tribes 1, and if anyone ever decides to play Tribes, you will see crazy stuff like this every now and then. :)

The Best of the Best 1:
http://www.templeofblood.com/~perro/movies/best/botb1.zip

The Best of the Best 2:
www.templeofblood.com/~perro/botb2/BotB2.zip

V A ****ing V (The keystroke VAV in Tribes makes your player say "How'd that Feel?"):
http://www.templeofblood.com/~perro/movies/good/Sarcastick.zip

And any other movies you want to watch, there are more by other people here: http://www.templeofblood.com/~perro/

But the 3 that I listed are ones that stand out the most in my mind. They are all 3 top notch movies and the shots you see are unbelievable. Watch these and the next time you play Counter-Strike and someone tells you "nice shot" then you can tell them that "There is no such thing as a nice shot in CS... but TRIBES on the other hand..." :)

I'm gonna look into getting both games. I've heard good things about them.

And about that 183MB file? That's nothing. I can move that in about 12 hours, or about the time I get home from my second class of the day. :p

I used to play tribes2 alot...then some BIG *** patch came out - me being 56k decided to wait until it was put on a cover disc of a random magazine...

next time I play ALL the good servers I used to play on are gone and whats left has handfuls of players on - this game has sure gone down the pan :(

yeah - I believe they are re-releasing it as some sort of gold edition or some random thing - either way, get yourselves to the shops and buy it...

ill see you all on katabatic :)

Back