• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tyan Thunder K7 Hardware Monitoring Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Palantir

I just put together a dual 1.2GHz Athlon MP (not overclocked, 1.75V core, Volcano II heat-sinks) box, on a Tyan Thunder K7. I updated the bios to v2.06, so that I could read the proc. temps in bios. The temps were reported as 80c for each proc., and 78c for the Mobo. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has a similar setup, so that we could compare temps; I have a lot of doubt about the accuracy of the readings.. I don't think these are even remotely accurate, considering the case is completly open, and I installed win2k without a hitch before I even read the temps.

umm, i would say those are most certainly wrong. You would know if your motherboard temp was 78C.

That's what I was thinking. However, I'll also interested in the results of other K7 owners, as I almost suspect there is a bug in the bios' monitoring.

well you are the first one i know of here having that board as that board is quite expensive. Hopefully a few others will have one. You might want to get a dual led temp monitor to monitor the core temps and ambient instead of software.

Back