• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ughh! blasted heat!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shilo

Registered
Ok I built a new system for the brother in law( not a overclocker ) xp 1800 not over clocked with speezeHS and AS3, but temp will not drop below 50c and will not rise with a full load. I have tried a translucent coating of AS3, a thin coat, a thick coat, but nothing works. I am about out of ideas. Help please

As i recall MSI boards don't give accurate temp readouts. Usually +10c. As long as your temps don't raise on load you should be fine.

whew...

gruvin2 said:
As i recall MSI boards don't give accurate temp readouts. Usually +10c. As long as your temps don't raise on load you should be fine.

I hope so. what can I use to find out the real temps any ideas?

MBM 5 is a type of windows program that reads temps right off your mobo's temperature probes. It can also read voltages for your voltage rails, fan RPM (if connected to the MoBo) and various CPU goodies.

thanks

Thanks guys I downloaded it and it is telling me it is runningat 29c not sure if that is accurate.

Back