• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ummm, its not 1 bottle of A.S. per cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superamd

I need to contact Silversinksam, I WILL BE BANNED
After trying to take "that shiny thingy on the middle of my new cpu off with a plastic fork" I realized it needed some thermal paste stuff.........
thingy.jpg

then I tried to sell my cpu on ebay, but no one bid on it. Go figure.

(real ebay add I found for an athlon xp 2000+)

I don't remember the Arctic Silver instructions saying anything about using a spoon to apply the paste.

Arctic silver, unfortunantly, can fry a cpu. I fried my old duron because I saw the guy in a nearby computer shop use a whole tube of white goop on a cpu, and I did the same with my arctic silver. Because of the low quality pics, I cant tell if it is AS or not, if its white goop it probably still works.

The right angle pic makes it look like plain-jane thermal goop. No conductivity. Buddy won it for a song.

cleaned up, it'd pro'lly be a bit of alright.

I was unlocking a Spitfire Duron for a friend the other day. Took off the heatsink to find the ENTIRE CPU covered in (white) thermal paste, with a layer of bubblegum on the die as well. Think this photo but the entire CPU white. Had to take pretty much all of it off (took AGES) because I didin't know where the L1s were without some sort of reference point on the PCB to work from. It'd also leaked out the side and got all over the socket as well. The scary thing was that it was (supposedly) installed at a shop. Some people really shouldn't be allowed near the insides of a computer :|

i learned it the hard way too.
I applied arctic alumina on my celeron400
gee...all those white stuffs dripping....

We should get this guy and the-guy-who-tried-to-scrape-the-shiny-thingy-on-the-middle-of-his-cpu-with-a-plastic-knife to do some kind of a show. First one to install a watercooling kit propery gets $100. Thats some funny stuff.

how conductive is artic silver 5, and how sneaky is it like to move from the die to the bridges with a little of gravity force heh

Back