• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking pipes on XTX 6800XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wayward_Son

I know, I know, stickies. But I can't seem to find what I'm after.

Is there any way to unlock pipes from the stock eight up to 12 or 16 WITHOUT reflashing the card's BIOS?

I currently have RiveTuner installed. My lone PCIe 6800XT is running @ 450/1101.

I spent helping a friend try to do this a while back and we were unsuccessful. As far as I know most XT models are laser cut which means you cannot over ride that with a software mod. The GT models however are not from what I have been told. Unfortunately you are probably out of luck and will only be able to use coolbits or rivatuner to gain some OC.

yes only the AGP NV41 cores can be unlocked. The NV40 and PCI-e ones can't. (i may or may not have thos core numbers the wrong way round.... ill check tonight)

my 6800gs had a "40" core and i was able to unlock it fully to 16,6. that card was/is great bang for the buck.

(old pic - but only one i could find with the "NV40" showing")

riva1.jpg

Back