• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unstability at 137 fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

When Windows starts up it automatically gives me a blue screen, one without an error, or the device irql not equal to or whatever. Thats when I have my fsb at 137. I think it may be because my multi is set at 12 (1.61ghz). Who knows. Another wierd *** thing is, when I set the jumper on the mobo to 166 fsb, it loads as 100mhz, and when I set it to 100mhz, it doesn't boot. Does anyone know if Gigabyte made the bios so you can't change the fsb higher than the ram clock? :\ The only working fsb is 133, and it goes up to 165mhz so I can't hit the divisor. Could it be the pc2100 ram?

drop the multi on your chip down to 11 and try again at 137. if you continue to have the same problem then I'm clueless but it seems your chip doesn't like that speed. or alternatively you could try to raise the vcore and see if that helps. oh yeah is your chip unlocked?

oh yeah, it could be your ram I would think that pc 2100 would be good for at least 150 buyt not if the timings are aggressive. usually if its a memory problem your computer won't complete the mem test.

The vcore is at 1.85v, and the chip is indeed unlocked. I think it may be my cheapo ram.. but I'm entirely not ruling out anything else... the aroia's are supposed to be very good aren't they?

I think they are supoposed to be very good overclockers generally however you must remeber your overclock is still 200 mhz plus (i think my math is right) thats not awful. also all chips are different just because one is great another might not be. I asume you are air cooled, that imposes certain l;imits on your possible overclock. try what I said in the first post drop your multi down and try again. if that doesn't work then its probably your memory. if it does then you've hit the chips limits.

Back