• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rrangel88

Registered
My current pc specs are:

GPU: Gtx 980 g1 gaming.
CPU Cooler: H100 hydro Liquid cooling
CPU: i-7 3770k
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133
Storage: Seagate SV35.5 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Power Supply: Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower White

So my question is what should I upgrade I want to run higher fps on Blade and Soul.

My fps in beta for BnS is @under 50fps but sometimes dips to 30fps. I am also thinking about a more silent power supply and I am transferring my components to my new case the Define R5. I got a few suggestions saying that I should get another gtx 980 and sli them if I did that would that help my fps? Also would running the 2 980s bottleneck the cpu?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm off to bed now but I will look at this forums tomorrow.

Thanks for any help I also live in Australia for price comparison wise.

Im assuming you are gaming at 1920x1080? Overclock the GPU and CPU really...

I wouldn't SLI. While it will surely give you more FPS, I find that incredibly costly for little reason on those games. I would try overclocking that CPU and GPU before you spend a penny.

What screen resolution are you running? I doubt anything in that pc is holding you back, it's likely just the game being in beta.

$1K CPU for a CPU heavy game and 2 $1K CPUs... yeah, I bet he has more FPS than you!

With the clocking I've never really done it before any advice on that.
Sure! Check out the guide located in my signature (Sandybridge/Ivybridge overclocking guide).

EDIT: Heh, you deleted your post RR!!!

I'm running at 1920x1080 2 monitors 27inch asus and 24inch samsung. I've seen streamers with a gtx 980 that run the game at constant 60fps but have a different mobo/cpu. I've seen one streamer from twitch that is on a constant 120fps but he has a 5960x and 2 titans ahah. With the overclocking on cpu/gpu I've never really done it before is it safe for a long time and will it really increase my fps?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I made a mistake I'm on my phone ahaha. I'm temped to get another gtx 980 so later on get a better monitor and maybe try 1440p or 4k gaming.

A single 980 is fine at 1400p. 2 980's, not sure I would go 4K because of 4GBof vRAM though. You may have to edit some settings (lower AA, etc).
With the overclocking on cpu/gpu I've never really done it before is it safe for a long time and will it really increase my fps?
When done right, and yes.

Damit why do I keep deleting my post ahah anyways I am going to transfer my component's from my phantom 410 to my define r5 as I like silence.

Oh thanks with the cpu cooler I checked is the h100 that I have now ok?
I do have a noctua nh-d14 laying around that I could use. Also is the define r5 case fine for this?

- - - Updated - - -

The overclocking that is and the airflow in the case.

H100 is fine, better than the D14 or the same.

As far as compatibility for water... its on the Define R5's website:
Water cooling compatibility

Front – 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators of all thicknesses (requires removal of drive bays)
Top – 420, 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators. (A thickness limitation of 55mm for both radiator + fan applies on 420, 280 and 140 mm radiators) (420 and 360 mm radiators require removal of the ODD bay)
Bottom – 120 or 240 mm radiator (Use of radiators in the bottom position limits the PSU length to 165 mm)
Rear – 120 or 140 mm radiator

Okay thanks and any advice for the gpu overclock?

- - - Updated - - -

Errr anything on when you would upgrade on my system to dual cards or cpu/mobo?

- - - Updated - - -

I do know Blade and Soul is very demanding on a system the graphics on the game is insane.

Advice for GPU overclock? Try it and see! All cards are different! Just raise the power limit and see where you can go without additional voltage on the clocks.

As I said earlier, there is nothing I would touch for upgrading for those games.

BaSoul is an MMORPG. While it looks good. It is still using a lot of CPU!

Alright cheers I'll have a look at it tomorrow I'm off to bed gn and thanks again.

Back