• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ups strikes again!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pics!

Attachments

• 000_0377.jpg
    000_0377.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 000_0379.jpg
    000_0379.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 000_0380.jpg
    000_0380.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 000_0381.jpg
    000_0381.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 000_0382.jpg
    000_0382.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 136
pics 2

Attachments

• 000_03862.jpg
    000_03862.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 000_0387.jpg
    000_0387.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 000_0388.jpg
    000_0388.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 000_03852.jpg
    000_03852.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 119
not po'd but just rather dissapointed.
ive put alot of work into this rig as well as $$$ and i want it perfect not scratch and dented.

i was suprised as well its running.
but its doing great,even doing outa spec 1600x1200 85hz

thats really banged up.....dont even think about letting them take it from you and giving you 200$...

last time i used UPS was for a computer case...14 pounds and only 12$ canadian shipping (tigerdirect.ca) package arived with not the slightest sign of damage....box was perfect. I live in Brandon Manitoba Canada and ive heard a lot of bad stuff about UPS coming from the US but not canada :p

hooah said:
so what happened with the UPS guy? did they hook you up or are the whiskey bottles gonna start flyin?
no bottles flying yet :)

ups rep was out friday.they sent a chick too woowooo! anyhow
they will be in contact with the shipper in 10 days with info on the settlement.

.dont even think about letting them take it from you and giving you 200$...
they arent taking anything. the crt works perfectly and evenouta spec. 1600x1200 85hz :)
case just looks like sh$t

UPS packing specs

I know this is an older thread, but this info might help someone.

Deathstar, I hope you get your moniter problem fixed!

I do some work part time at a UPS shipping outlet. If I am remembering correctly, here are their packing requirements:

Beakable items must be double boxed, with at least 3" of space between the inner and outer box.

All packages must be able to withstand a 3 foot drop! So if you ship something, keep that 3 foot drop thing in mind when you pack it.

I know you had nothing to do with the packing Deathstar! UPS loves to claim that "the item shifted due to improper packing" and deny a claim. of course if that is the case in your situation, the vender should rectify the problem. After all, the vender packed the box and selected UPS for a shipping agent!

Have a good one!

E :beer:

ups stuff

I read the 3 foot drop thing from a UPS manual laying around. But to me, it makes sence, how many times have you droped something? Now consider the UPS driver carries a lot of boxes a day, and I have seen them toss a box into the truck.

The double box with 3" was also from that manual, if they are not packed right, UPS will try to deny the claim.

I posted this just mainly as a warning to people shipping stuff. If you pack something and ship it, keep a 3 foot drop in mind! (driver might trip)

Personally, FEDEX is a better shipping company. But when I pack anything, I keep in mind a 3 foot drop. I do not know what FEDEX requires.

E :beer:

Even more UPS stuff

Jabtek using the link you posted, I found this:

Each item should be surrounded by at least two inches (five cm) of cushioning and be placed at least two inches (five cm) away from the walls of the box. This will protect your items from product-against-product damage and shield them from the shock and vibration that can be conducted from the exterior of the box to its contents in transit.

I was off by an inch! I have been off by much more in the past!

By the way, I am by no means trying to mess with anyone! I only posted this for anyone shipping UPS!

well mine wasnt double packed but seemed to have enough padding inside.
this was a purchase from another forum member so it will be handled personally with the shipper/owner.
i need to look back but i think i should be hearing up's responce to the claim soon.

That sucks Deathstar13, I deal with UPS everyday, and you would be amazed at what kind of returns my company gets, and what they look like. By the way, is that the Sun 21" CRT?

I was at our local computer fair, and they had 21" Sun CRT monitors for $100, perfect condition, 1 year warrently :)

Osirus said:
That sucks Deathstar13, I deal with UPS everyday, and you would be amazed at what kind of returns my company gets, and what they look like. By the way, is that the Sun 21" CRT?

I was at our local computer fair, and they had 21" Sun CRT monitors for $100, perfect condition, 1 year warrently :)
yes its a sun 21"
but is made by sony and is a true flat screen with standard vga inputs plus the sun imputs so no extra cards or adaptors are required.

i spoke by pm with the seller last night and he hasent heard from ups back yet so im calling them today in a bit.

gonna give you an update as i have heard some things latley about this.

wensday i called ups myself to ask what progress has been made on this.
i was told "sir,you didnt ship this nor pay for the insurance" we will need to speak to that person and they can handle it from there.

so i contacted the person i bought it from.
he calls them on thursday.here is their responce to him.
"we will pay the $200 claim but will need the crt back"
now the person i bought this from has been very helpfull,timeley and considerate so im not holding him at fault in any of this and im sure he would just as soon have it behind him as i would.

anyhow i told him " im not giving them the crt,nor do i want the $200. i want the damages done to my crt paid for and thats it. i fgure those damnages total $50-$75 worth of value depreciation of the crt"

friday the shipper contacted ups again with my demands.here is ups's responce! "this is an unusual request and we will have to consult someone on this to see if it can be done"

now thats just Bs!
you mean to tell me they never busted anything and someone just didnt want the damages paid?

anyhow i told the shipper i bought from if they dont do this im just gonna drop the whole issue.its not worth my aggrivation.and one day when im out and see a parked ups truck i will slash its front time and do $50-$75 worth of damage back and all will be forgiven :)

deathstar13 said:
gonna give you an update as i have heard some things latley about this.

now thats just Bs!
you mean to tell me they never busted anything and someone just didnt want the damages paid?

anyhow i told the shipper i bought from if they dont do this im just gonna drop the whole issue.its not worth my aggrivation.and one day when im out and see a parked ups truck i will slash its front time and do $50-$75 worth of damage back and all will be forgiven :)
Now thats the true American Spirit lol. Dont you just love the way that large corporations "have" to follow procedure. You are right though, I am sure that many people staking insurance claims through UPS have requested to be reimbursed for damages and still want to keep the damaged product. I mean, if I go out and wreck my car, or have somebody hit me and it only takes out the r. front headlight, I dont neccessarily want my insurance to just take my car and pay me what the current said value is. Good luck in your case. :bang head

I 100% agree that UPS should pay for the damage...

Now something you don't know... Once the shipper files a claim (in this case for $200 which is the value of the monitor) UPS have 7 working days to pick up the monitor.

Is it honestly your fault that you are not home during those 7 days ?

tuk101- yeh im not one thats all "lights n glitter bling,bling" on my rig.i can live with a few dings and the car analogy is very fitting on how i feel.

jabtek-im not sure when the claim was OFFICIALLY filed as i called and reported it first and they responded from there.and yes they wanted topick the crt up that week.of course i refused that.
i know what your getting at tho. im not a foo i take the $200 no doubt but its not what im asking for tho.
hell for that matter if they give $200 idgive part to the shipped as he had to put up with this bs too.

and one day when im out and see a parked ups truck i will slash its front time and do $50-$75 worth of damage back and all will be forgiven

I hope you get arrested. If this was worth more than $200 to you, then you should have told the seller to insure it for more than $200. End of story. You seem to think it's reasonable to pull a number out of your butt for damages and expect UPS to pay it and not take the monitor, but it isn't. That's not how shipping insurance works. This isn't car insurance. UPS isn't going to spend tons of money to send a claims agent out to determine how much it would cost for repairs and such. Either you get the $200 and give up the monitor, or you keep the monitor and don't get the $200. Those are your two options, assuming they don't try to deny the claim. Like I said earlier, if you resort to criminal activity to try to "get back" at UPS, I hope you get arrested.

Back