• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapochill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildrhino

Registered
Anyone using one of these bad boys?Tom (T's Hardware) has one housing his ultra rig and it has allowed a huge o/c.

Are they worth the expense,do they cause any condensation in the rest of the pc?

With the Palominos coming soon, will it be a waste of cashbecause of the reduced running temps?

A 156W peltier (running at the full-gun rated 15V) and some water-cooling gear can achieve results similar to crapochill for only around $150. I'd go that route if I were you.

Thx Jeff,but I'm looking at the Vapochill for compactness and ease of movement.I need to transport it often and w/c seems to be too "unwieldy".

ne1 else got 1?

This week I talked with David Mullan of Minotaur Technologies ( www.minotaur.com), the US dealer for VapoChill. I am having a hard time making the decision. I could have bought a Vapochill for what I have spent on my latest water cooler! It would not have been anywhere near as much fun though. The big problem with the Vapochill is lack of drive space. Dave sent me the dimensions inside the front of the case. There is enough room to mount another drive cage as in the Lian-Li and CoolerMaster cases.

If you have read all of the info at Tom’s hardware, it seems like Vapochill has the condensation issues worked out. I would still put some type of conformal coating on the motherboard.

BTW, the ETA of the latest batch of cases is about two weeks. Late this year Vapochill plans to introduce a dual CPU version.

One more thought. You can put together a H2O machine and make it trasportable. Mine can be transported upside down or on it's side without any problems.

Colin (Mar 01, 2001 08:14 p.m.):
One more thought. You can put together a H2O machine and make it trasportable. Mine can be transported upside down or on it's side without any problems.

Yeah Colin,
Same here. My system is also very transPORTABLE. As long as it has decent cushions such as the original CASE carton box and the styrofoam. ;D ;D ;D

I just lay mine on it's side in the trunk of the old bomb.

Back