• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VDD question on 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

I have the new bios, i think there 4/10, and in bios it says VDD Volt Reg, and the options arwe 1.6,1.8 and 2.0 but when i change them, it does nothing.

Also what exactly is VDD stand for?

Thanks

Adam

VDD is the northbridge voltage...and that option will not work on the 8RDA+ 1 or 1.1...the VDD does not have a voltage regulator on the 1 or 1.1's...so this is just a useless hidden BIOS feature...

With a VDD mod (the only way to change that setting) you can increase your FSB beyond the 190 or so you can at stock voltage.

Will a VDD mod only help with FSB?

Also how much on a jump is it?

Adam

Can you post a link plz to a place that shows how to do it?

:eek:

With a VDD mod you should be able to achieve over 200FSB...just depends on how much voltage you run to the northbridge...and you will need some serious cooling on the northbridge...

Define "serious cooling."

Do you mean something simple like an Iceberg or a Zalman HS with a 40mm fan or do you mean something exotic?

I use an iceberq. It gave me ~10 FSB increase.

www.8rda.com has the info you are looking for. You can solder if you like.. I would ruin my board trying, so I got SMD grabbers from Mouser Electronics. Clip em on, slip the resistor in and it's good.

Back