• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card heat sinks and epoxy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peter p

Can you use normal epoxy glue to glue on heat sinks on a video card or do you need thermal epoxy?

both thermal tape and thermal epoxy can be used. if you are nervious about getting it everywhere then the tape is a viable option, but the best is the epoxy. I strongly suggest artic alumina and , and go the extra step and use some masking tape and tape the memory pins so that if some Thermal paste or adhesive 'leaks' out when you affix the ramsinks, the tape will give you some protection.

Make sure there is room for big ramsinks around the AGP slot. I found this out the hard way with a epox 8k7a and a radeon 8500.

Arctic Alumina adhesive works great for the RAM sinks. A miniscule amount of Arctic Silver on the leads will cause major problems. I learned that the hard way :eek:

Back