• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Games Are Addictive, Scientists Say

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
captainobvious.jpg

rofl aHahaha

games = addictive , so yeah i agree but the way those Scientists say is crap

currently enjoying FFTA (gameboy advance game) and its sure drain the life out of me 24/7 :D

Wait a minute.. this might actually mean that we are all addicts.. we need treatment now.

I suggest 24 hours of Civ 3 or some other addictive game, to take our minds off this thing. If we all just go along playing, I'm sure the nice little scientists will leave us alone.

The only reason so many people are addicted to games, is because they are so much more exciting than real life!

Think about it, if they made a game without shooting, fast cars, weapons, fat italian plumbers, blue hedgehogs, bosses made of ****, wild parties, and everything else fun, who would play it?

lol guys gusy gusy ur lookin at this all wrong. remember all those pople who said they didn't know smoking was addictive? i think we got a class action law suit on our carpel tunnel syndromed hands.

stopdrpnro said:
lol guys gusy gusy ur lookin at this all wrong. remember all those pople who said they didn't know smoking was addictive? i think we got a class action law suit on our carpel tunnel syndromed hands.

lol.... oooowwww.... I demand restitution for my pain and suffering. I'd also like a rebate for that EQ character that I bought for $3000 off ebay!!!

hehehehe

"Is (the popular online game) Everquest addictive? Well, it's no more addictive than school or work. The time invested in those also make them addictive," said Florence Chee

ok, i just read this article. And granted, it's already been known that games are addictive. I think the writers of the article just portraid the scientists in the wrong light. It looks as though they were only looking for which parts of the brain become active during gameplay, and found that it's the same part that becomes active while intoxicated or inebriated. I believe they were basically trying to understand the brain more, since it is a large unknown part of science ( and a blackhole for some people :) ).

Now, to the quote I posted, who says school or work is addictive? I know I'm not staying up late at night (till 6am) working on school work and then become disappointed when I have to put it away to go to bed.

bsspewer said:
I know I'm not staying up late at night (till 6am) working on school work and then become disappointed when I have to put it away to go to bed.

true, very true.

games are addictive? pfft... nah!:D

amazon10x said:
addictive?!? NO WAY.

this is the greatest discovery since...since

umm

uhh

err

TOILETS!

A very good point! :D

Oh crap, I've been almost five minutes without pokémon!!! See you next month, guys! (if lucky)

Oh why Pokemon? WHYYYYY?
You destroyed this child who had great chances. I need lots of money to heal his and my emotional scaring. Lots of money for lots of scaring.
Keep it coming....

They are right. So is this forum. I didn't sleep all night yesterday thank to these two "drugs". :p

#18 said:
They are right. So is this forum. I didn't sleep all night yesterday thank to these two "drugs". :p

Yeah, I've been having some trouble with sleep lately too.. and I don't see any cure coming. Actually it's getting worse with such gba title on the way as mario & luigi superstar saga, metroid zero mission etc.

I'm a total gba freak! :eek:

Back