• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista network printer problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

I got a laptop with Vista connected wirelessly to a HP officejet 7200 that is connected through a wired network to the same router. Problem is that once vista sees a problem with the printer (like it's turned off) then it considers the printer to be offline and I can't print to it when the other computers (running XP) can. How do I get Vista to see this printer as online again? No amount of rebooting or waiting helps. Only thing I can get to help is reinstalling the printer driver, not fun

I tried going to CONTROL PANEL>PRINTERS>OFFICEJET 7200 and selecting REFRESH from the right click menu but that didn't work

Go to the following site, and click on the link under "Hotfix information"...

A "Web Services on Devices"-based printer appears as Offline after you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934455/en-us

... which will take you to the Hotfix Request Web Submission Form, on which you'll need to enter the KB article number (934455) and a valid email address. It usually takes less than 8 hours for a reply, and within the reply will be a link for the Hotfix download and a password to open / install the file. If the Hotfix doesn't work for you I have another possible solution.

... and don't let the fact that the above article refers to waking the computer from sleep keep you from installing the Hotfix.

Last edited:
Back