• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to to do something fun with 939?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

The benching team are running a small 1 week competition (maybe another stage later) and would love it for more guys from ocf to get in on this and have some fun, it is being run on old amd socket 939 athlon 3200 cpu's and is run only on ambient cooling so everyone has a chance to take part and not get stomped on by the guys running cold, so if you own one of these and want to join in, just go to THIS thread and join in. Hope to see some of you AMD guys taking a stab at this, and getting in on the benching bug:thup:

Attachments

• comp.JPG
    comp.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 87
LOL Keny... I haven't figured out how I'm gonna format the results table with the 5 people competing already!

NOW you wanna add more! LOL...

Nah... It'd be awesome to see more get involved!

Benching team is always looking for fresh meat... Er... I mean new blood... Thats it! :D

Im already in this one, but I have to let you guys know 939 is one of the funnest platforms to competitively overclock. Its very inexpensive, and highly tweakable. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the fight!

LOL Keny... I haven't figured out how I'm gonna format the results table with the 5 people competing already!

NOW you wanna add more! LOL...

Nah... It'd be awesome to see more get involved!

Benching team is always looking for fresh meat... Er... I mean new blood... Thats it! :D

Minor problem LOL, by the time it ends I will have worked it out :chair:

I have a ABit AV8 939 MB with Athlon 64 3000+ with a V6GT CPU cooler, does that count or not? :chair::rofl:

DSCN0272.JPG

DSCN0273.JPG

oh that zip file, I could not open it, said it was corrupt.

Last edited:
I have a ABit AV8 939 MB with Athlon 64 3000+ with a V6GT CPU cooler, does that count or not? :chair::rofl:

oh that zip file, I could not open it, said it was corrupt.

athlon 64 3200 only im afraid, but im sure if you went with a 3000 im sure someone would jump in and challenge you during the week ;) and the background works ok for me, maybe it needs downloading again, if you still have trouble i will put the image on the thread, and you can just save it from there.

Everyone with a 939 system ought to join in on this. If you have a different cpu, feel free to join in and post your results. It doesn't look like I will have a 3200 either, but I will do my best to hang with the experienced 939 guys.

If anyone needs help or wants some tips on improving their scores, feel free to ask -either here or in the thread linked above.

Good luck everyone!

when is this taking place I do have a 939 mb and a 3200+ =) it used to do 2.8 ( hasnt been powered for a long time )

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7326404&postcount=101

Details are in post 101 of the overclocktagon thread copy/pasted below.

Ok here it is then. Lets get it on:fight:
COMPETITORS
xSuperbgx
Ssjwizard
Keny
Jaymz9350
Tech Tweaker

CPU
Socket 939 Athlon 64 3200

BENCHES
UCB
WPrime 32
CPUz highest cpu freq validation

TIME FRAME
Running from the 27th oct - midnight on the 3rd nov

No sub zero cooling or chilled water,background image must be used,which can be found at the bottom of this post, HWbot rules apply:attn:

Last edited:
I did download it, tried 3 times, I guess you'll have to post the image :)

athlon 64 3200 only im afraid, but im sure if you went with a 3000 im sure someone would jump in and challenge you during the week ;) and the background works ok for me, maybe it needs downloading again, if you still have trouble i will put the image on the thread, and you can just save it from there.

Well its an auto win if you have an FX chip like me.

This would be a very short competition, but that's if my mobo would last.

Each chip would be scored only against its own sort, so if you run a FX, it would only score against someone else whom is running a FX :D

Well its an auto win if you have an FX chip like me.

This would be a very short competition, but that's if my mobo would last.

Not necessarily.

The one FX (FX-53 ClawHammer (CG stepping)) chip I've owned so far was a load of crap. Thing didn't want to clock higher than 2.65GHz no matter how hard I tried, which is weird because my Athlon 64 4000+ (ADA4000DEP5AS) chip that was based on the same exact core revision ran 2.8GHz with relative ease (wouldn't go any higher than that). A 250MHz overclock for a 939 chip is nothing usually (unless the board it's on is crap, or the chip is a really old revision that doesn't overclock well, etc), I was terribly disappointed with that one.

Worst part was the 4000+ ran at 2.8GHz with less voltage than the FX-53 needed for 2.65. :facepalm:

Still wish I hadn't killed that 4000+ ClawHammer, oh well. :cry:

Last edited:
So I shot myself in the foot here... I spent about 4 hours jamming out on this rig tonight and struggled for every last mhz on my CPU-Z validation.. Submit the file and it validates but tells me my version is out of date and wont publish it..... None the less I have got SS for my wPrime, hoping to have time to tackle UC bench on wendsday.

Ill post some pics of my makeshift setup in the morning but for now heres my wPrime entry.

wprime59_016.PNG

Nice clocks there bud :thup: i have updated the scores thread with your'e score (it would be good if you could provide a hwbot link)

SCORES PAGE

Kenny/Keny, you've got me stumped. I don't know how you got 54.937 with 100MHz slower clock speed on the CPU and 138MHz slower memory.

Best I've done so far is around 55s, and haven't managed under 55 yet.-I haven't submitted that one yet, just did it this morning and didn't have time to submit before heading into work.

I'm not out of ideas yet though, I may have another trick or two in the bag.

That's my best score I could manage, so I don't have no back up, and I was pretty much maxed out on everything I know. I do know I can't get near on you're CPUz i had 10 mins to try and I can't make 3ghz :rofl: I hope I can figure some sort of tweak to help but I'm limited to 1.75v on the board :cry:

Back