• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

War Thunder - fly online for "free"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just D/loaded the game.I broke out my ooooold (Gravis eliminator) joystick. I think the JS wasn't great back in the day but Ill give it a shot.

Don't try (yet) to play with joystick, you'll be slaughtered by mouse aimers.
Joystick is not so well implemented in this game unfortunately, but you can play OK with mouse.

I agree here.. JS implementation on this game is horrible at best. Mouse aimers will kill you. Though you "might" do OK with a JS on full-real battles where down=up etc..

A little bit speculation based on this news.
And finally, there will be a unique Golden Eagles event on November 24th, something you have never seen before!
I saw almost everything until now in WT but I didn't saw tanks. Yet.
So maybe we'll see tanks from November 24th?

What's so wrong with that landing.. you wanted to be in the field under the tree 15 miles away right!

And it stinks I won't be around for that event too.. was soo looking forward to it after I saw the news.. grr

For those interested in tanks. Today we received Tier 4 tanks for test and below you can see 4 minutes of playing Realistic Battles in my King Tiger.

You can see how game looks, how it sounds, you can see aiming from the move or from stop, you can see how spotting works(?). You can see stuff. :D

For me RB with Gaijin's tanks is my Holy Grail. I need just bigger maps and another game mode instead this Capture the flag mode.

Potentially thinking of making the switch over from WOT to WT. My biggest concern with WOT is their crappy NA East Telia servers. The packet loss and refusal to admit there is a problem is absolutely unacceptable. I will however hold out until 9.0 arrives. I know that is when the new engine arrives along with HD textures for everything.

A full battle in T-34.
Nothing spectacular, just a game like 90% of your future battles in GF.
I put it here just to see how tanks are played in CBT 1.40.5.0.
You'll see how the tanks looks, sound, feel, shoot, spot and so on. Basically is the whole game mechanics as it is now.

I choose T-34 because I call it Russian Maus at Tier 1. Everything else is nothing compared to T-34.

96s10 for me is the opposite. I'm waiting 0.9.0 with physics and HD graphics to play again WoT. I'm curious.
For me GF is in an Alpha stage now it looks like Gaijin have no clue yet how the gameplay will be in the end. They want something different from WoT and they have it graphic/sound wise but for gameplay they are behind. They are trying to find a balance between realism (those first shot = one-shot kills) and healthbar (you'll see in my video a lot of hits without critical but with some minor damage).

I still have hope that Gaijin will find that magic border between fun and realism. :)

@brian. Nope tanks are not yet in game. This in Close Beta Testing. I guess that somewhere in summer maybe Open Beta Testing will be available for all.

^ Thanks for sharing. With the planes and the map layout it doesn't exactly look like something I'd be interested in. (fingers crossed for WOT lag issues)

Burebsita - do you participate in CW on WOT?

About maps. They will be larger on GF launch. Something similar with planes now which in Arcade Battles have smaller maps but in Realistic Battles are large.
Then most of problems will be gone (speaking about insta-spotting or insta-kills as we have now).
And about planes (especially bombers/attackers) and tanks look at them similar to arty in WoT. One shot from them and you're crippled.

About WoT. I've uninstalled it 9 months ago after 41k battles. It wasn't easy but I survived. :D
I was in CW but right after WoT launch for all. I wasn't impressed and I still dont like the idea.
Instead I was in many local ESL competitions and I won some easy free gold. :)

I still miss WoT from time to time and that's why I'm curious about new HD graphics and physics. But I still hate RNG and gold-ammo.

Time passed by and the game is going to a downward spiral. At least for me.
I'm playing planes since 14 September 2011 14:11 and tanks since 22 December 2013 22:36.

Starting WT for tanks but until they appear I've had great fun with planes. Unexpectedly I must say.
But tanks arrives and I was in CBT. Things looks promising but they rushed it into OBT and Pandora's box was opened.
I'll talk only about tanks because this is all I want from this game: tanks.

I'm playing tanks only in SB. AB is for ADHD people (no offense but instead playing GF AB you should play WoT because WoT is miles ahead in fun gameplay) and RB is filled with nametags all over the map so only SB is something completely different than WoT. At least for me.
So what I have playing tanks in SB?

- endless waiting time in queue for high tiers and if I get a match is 4 vs. 4
- Karelia
- gun barrel damage
- Karelia
- Romulan tanks
- one game mode
- Karelia again
- hilarious DM
- did I mention Karelia?
- no end game content
- and much more wrong things with tanks (spotting system, rewards, multiple respawns for meds/td's, physics, maps, lack of players, lack of game modes, forced mixed battles and so on).

In fact the only working things for tanks are graphics/sounds.

Every time I have hope that next patch will put tanks back on tracks (pun intended) but no joy until now.
Yesterday was a patch day. Both on server and client. They also did a lot of changes for planes and tanks.
I was thrilled when I saw some big changes for tanks

1. Added base visibility check when viewed through trees - at the moment it is only enabled for the armour penetration indicator in AB;
  2. Added repair and rearming of ground vehicles at capture points;
  3. Added influence of tank crew on detection. A non trained crew will be able to locate targets up to 1km away, fully trained to up to 1.5km; direction of detection as follows: commander - towards camera direction, aimer - towards barrel direction, driver and radio operator - towards tank movement direction;
  4. Ground forces visibility check has been improved.

3 changes in spotting system and one for DM system. It must be good I said to myself so I eagerly wait to go home and see the changes.
Disaster. First game in KT and after 10 minutes of waiting in queue I got this game below. It's only one minute of playing but it shows 3 gamebreaking problems which plague GF now:

- Romulan tanks. Watch that TD appearing and disappearing in plain field
- shooting through rocks
- omnipresent gun barrel damage crap

This was the drop which fill my glass. Enough is enough. 8 months of playing tanks and we are in the same point as the beginning.

And it's not only me. Pilots are upset too. Playerbase is dropping. In good old days we've had a peak of 50k PC players only with planes. Now we have a peak of 40-50k players but we have PS4 players added and tank players too. All my friends from my list already uninstalled game.
I am alone now. And sad. Hoping for better and expecting the worse.

It's time to take a break from this game and check it again after a few months. Hope dies last. :)

Bottom line it's not a rant/whine post but only a disappointed one. I've had great expectations for tanks based on funny planes but until now nothing.

I am betting that was not real in-game footage. ;) Did they add foot soldiers and the rest shown to the game?

Back