• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cool and Peltier Virgin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waldaize

Registered
oooooooh its gonna be my first time.

Ive a few questions if your dont mind answering them.
My rig @ the mo is a celly II 633@1045 (1.78V , idle 29C load 44C) using a fop38. It will go higher but isnt stable so i was thinking about a water cool + peltier solution.

Nehoo on to the questions

1: Now i understand that i'll need a sufficiently wattage rated peltier for this too work. So just go for the highest rated one or what?

2: Copper is better than aluminium but so far i can only find an senfu aluminium stockist in the UK. Now i dont mind ordering from the US but last time i did for a pep66 it never arrived and the company didnt answer my emails...but if you know of a top reputable company then please let me know.

3. And finally, anything to look out for?

Cheers

Wal

Hey Wal,
I believe most people running celly's use a 72 watt pelt, and you should still use a seperate power supply to run it. definately make sure you insulate the mobo and chip. As far as the waterblock go to http://www.dangerden.com I believe they ship international, Dan is a super nice guy and they have great service and I would dam near bet my system he would get it to you as quick as the shipping will get it there, provided he has the waterblock you want in stock. I recieved mine 4 days after ordering and it was packaged great and the waterblock needed no extra work to make it smooth had a great finish on it. Well hope this info helps.

cheers m8.....

looking into Dangerden as i type..

Ive read a few things about needing to insulate the mobo and cpu from condensation, is that what you mean? But how do i do that.?

Ive seen on the senfu kit (i'm going to piece mine togther myself..) that you can get stickybacked insulation foam. Do u just simply cut a shape out for your mobo, making sure that the pci slots and chipset stick and everything else that sticks out from your mobo has a hole cut. and then stick it over the socket and chip leaving a hole for the core to stick out of?

Do u insulate the back too?

Wal :)

Back