• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling build from scratch...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
t4runnr,

Would you do me a huge favor and put a tape measure to one of your female VL4N's? I'll see what the gromets are when I get home and see if they'll fit. I would really appreciate it.

If It is a problem I'll probably just drill the holes out bigger and put my own gromets in place.

Seems like people are mostly using 1/2" tubing, so if I do that I will go with the VL4N's.

The widest part of the male is an inch in diameter. The widest part of the female is about 1 1/16".

As for the length, the female is about 2 3/4" and the male is about 2 1/4".

These VL4Ns that I have are for 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD.

Alright. I appreciate it. The hole in the gromet is slightly larger than 1", but I mean very slightly.

I don't want to bother you too much more, but do you know how long they are connected from the block to the end of the hose that the opposite end is attached to? I.e. how far does male go into female? Just trying to get an idea for the bends I'll be dealing with.

Alright. I appreciate it. The hole in the gromet is slightly larger than 1", but I mean very slightly.

I don't want to bother you too much more, but do you know how long they are connected from the block to the end of the hose that the opposite end is attached to? I.e. how far does male go into female? Just trying to get an idea for the bends I'll be dealing with.

The male sticks in about 1 1/8" into the female. However, I have to state the the QDCs that I'm using are:

Female
Male

So I have compression fittings on both sides. I believe the ones you plan to use have threads on the males. I don't know how long those are.

Yes I plan to screw the 4 males directly into the in and out port on the gpu and cpu blocks and then the 4 compression females will go on the hoses that connect to them.

If I can get the dimensions on a threaded male connector from Koolance's website or something I should be able to figure out how long they will be. Thanks again for all your help!!

Yes I plan to screw the 4 males directly into the in and out port on the gpu and cpu blocks and then the 4 compression females will go on the hoses that connect to them.

If I can get the dimensions on a threaded male connector from Koolance's website or something I should be able to figure out how long they will be. Thanks again for all your help!!

We actually have a koolance rep on the site (Tim), if you want to pm him I'm sure he'd more more than happy to help. Here's his profile. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/member.php?u=115624

Back