• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooled HELP!!!! with temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muelo1000

Registered
Water cooled HELP!!!! with temps
I install my thermaltake 850I water cooling kit and its been about 3 days but I feel that the temps are too HI!!. like i said the kit is a Thermaltake 850I and my CPU is Intel Q6600 2.4(stock) Overclocked to 2.8!!! now i used different monitoring software.

Here is the water cooling kit i have
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1160&ID=1776

ok lets start

C= core
c= celsius
CPUID reads
C0-42c
C1-42c
C2-38c
C3-37c

SpeedFan
C0-42
C1-36
C2-42
C3-38

and this my friends is at idle at just 2.8ghz the only thing i can think of is that maybe i put on too much thermal paste....ohhhh and the thermal pastes is IC diamond any suggestions or comments would be appreciated

Thanx in advance !!!

What are your load temps?

The culprit is probably the kit itself... kits tend to not perform as well as custom built water loop...

download prime95 and do a stress test and see how high it goes and if you can i would reccomend returning it and getting a TRUE or megahalem since there better.

What are your temps? Also, how long are your tubes compared to how long they need to be? You might also want to get either a different radiator or a second radiator. I have a lot of the stuff from this kit, but I have 2 radiators, my temps are around 32C idle. Also did you use the coolant that came with the kit? or did you use something else?

35c to 38 C idle with the fan at low, the tubes are just right no slack just enough so they are no stretched and yes i used the coolant that came with the kit....... how would the second radiator work ???? also some suggested one of these is this for a second radiator or a second fan ????? for one radiator???

http://www.petrastechshop.com/swstmcrrebl.html

http://www.petrastechshop.com/radiators.html

"need to put a dual 120mm radiator. mount on back of case with a rad kit"

Last edited:
Well 35-38C is a pretty good temp, but if you want lower temps, yes a 2nd radiator is a good thing to have.
All you need to do is run a tube from the pump to the 1st radiator, then from there to the CPU, from the processor to the 2nd radiator and from that radiator into the reservoir. Or if you want to water cool your video card also, just run it from pump to radiator to CPU to radiator to video card to reservoir.
As to the links, the first one was a mounting case for the radiator right? I would say it's not necessary, but probably useful, that should keep the radiator a little bit cooler. I'm not too sure about different radiator brands, but I have the thermaltake radiator you have, and another bigger radiator, both by thermaltake.
And You can either use a fan for each, or you can use one fan for the smaller one, and get a bigger radiator and get 2 fans for that. Thats the setup I have, and its doing a great cooling job!

Back