• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling setup, need some help choosing components

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axan

Im trying to put together a water cooling setup. I dont want to use a kit but i have little dilema choosing the components :). Heres waht im thinking:

Reactor water block with dual fans
Danner MAG 7 pump
underground plastic electric box as reservoir
Radiator ??

Now heres my problem i dont know what radiator should i get im kinda leaning towards DD cube but i cant decide. I would appricate any ideas/suggestions you might have. I also saw alot of peeps on this board using DD Maze waterblock is it better then reactor? if so why?

i have not heard of that waterblock but I will say I have not seen a review of a waterblock that is better than the Maze2 from dangerden. Its pricier, but you get a truly high quality water block that you know won't fail you. DD has blocks that have withstood 1000psi, so they can withstand your system. Good pump choice! Resevoir looks good, and for the radiator, either heater core or DD cube.

Unless you have a ton of room in your case a DD cube will be a difficult install. I went with the Aquacoil rediator for it's small size and it easily fit in my mid tower. I would go with the DD Maze-2 Waterblock. You can't go wrong with that. You've got the right idea on the rest of the system.

The DD cube only gives a 1C lower in temp over the Aquacoil and the DD is about 4 times the size. That's why I recommend the Aquacoil.

The DD cube only gives a 1C lower in temp over the Aquacoil and the DD is about 4 times the size. That's why I recommend the Aquacoil.

Um, the DD cube (4 3/4" x 5 3/8" x 4 3/8") is actually slightly *smaller* than the Aquacoil (6 3/4" x 5" x 4 1/2").

I think the Dangerden kit is excellent. It includes the best available water block, the best available pump, and the best compact radiator. I don't understand why folks here try to steer people away from high-quality kits. I guess it just goes against the do-it-yourselfer grain.

Flash (Jul 13, 2001 09:16 a.m.):

Um, the DD cube (4 3/4" x 5 3/8" x 4 3/8") is actually slightly *smaller* than the Aquacoil (6 3/4" x 5" x 4 1/2").

I think the Dangerden kit is excellent. It includes the best available water block, the best available pump, and the best compact radiator. I don't understand why folks here try to steer people away from high-quality kits. I guess it just goes against the do-it-yourselfer grain.

AMDGuy wasn't talking about the larger aquastealth cube. I think he was talking about this one. I have this radiator and with a high-flow 120mm fan am impressed with the results. It's also mounted INSIDE my mid-atx case

AMDGuy wasn't talking about the larger aquastealth cube. I think he was talking about this one. I have this radiator and with a high-flow 120mm fan am impressed with the results. It's also mounted INSIDE my mid-atx case

Oh, heh heh. Sorry then. Actually I have the same radiator, although I purchased it somewhere else.

I was thinking of replacing it so I'm curious where AMDGuy got the info. that the DD cube only provides 1 degree improvement. Also, I think the amount of improvement you would see would depend in part on the size of your pump. With a smaller pump the you'd lose some of the advantage of the increased surface area because of decreased flow.

Back